Hi another good week of progress to report on, the weather still got upto some mischief but we got round it in the end.
With the weather being more settled last week Andre and Brian got on with sanding the leading edge of the wing whilst on friday blue went aloft of the tailplane and sanded and painted the starboard elevator.
So saturday morning it was the port elevator's turn. I admit I wouldn't do what blue did, even with the safety harness and second man cover!
Andre and Grant continued prepping the leading edge.
I continued final prep on the starboard outer flap, and several hours later Blue asked me to see his handy work, port elevator sanded and prepped to paint.
I then put my wide angle lens on my camera and gave it to blue, as I was not taking this shot!
The starboard outer flap sanded but only partly prepped, At this point we could see a storm approaching so we touched up the essential and moved all our gear under cover.
Andre doing the same getting us ready.
We wern't a moment too soon, We were just retiring under the wing when we had a huge flash and a near instantanous double bang! It appeared that the museum site had been hit with Lightning just behind the T2 hanger! and then it rained!
Did I mention it rained!!
We were stuck for about ten minutes before it slackened sufficently for us to make a break for it to the Naffi. about 45 minutes later we were able to go and see what if anything we could do.
The storm we just had.
Out came the sun and the humidity shot up but it also dried the aircraft at an phenomenal rate. Not before I shot some interesting patterns on the newly painted port wing.
One and a quarter hours after the storm the harrier looked a lot dryer!
Dry enough to paint in fact!
Tony (middle) came looking for his two co workers on the mossie and found them working on Lindy
Port elevator finished.
Starboard inner flap finished, after blue painted it. a very tired looking blue stands at the side. He had put in 8 1/2 hours hard graft in very hot conditions on top of the tailplane and then the flap.
Saturday was a productive if draining day with the heat and humidity but we made progress. As we left I took a shot of the next storm approaching .
Sunday I wasn't able to attend so no pictures, but I can report that the wrap round portion under the port elevator was prepped and painted. The leading edge of the starboard wing is almost ready to prep and the starboard wing tip has been prepped and painted. more sanding of the centre section has also started. So a very good weeks progress, its good to show the progress paint wise but what the pics don't show is the amount of time we have been sanding her, another hand sander died on us saturday bringing the total to four deceased. I've no idea how much emery paper we have gone through but we at last can see the results and the finish is looking good in my ever so slightly biased opinion
Hopefully more pictures next week.