DH Moth club charity Fly-In - Shuttleworth 23.6.18

Photos of warbirds, classic jets and museum visits
I.Winfield

DH Moth club charity Fly-In - Shuttleworth 23.6.18

Post by I.Winfield »

Hi All,

Not sure if this is in the right section so mods please feel free to move as to where appropriate.

I popped along to Shuttleworth on Saturday to spent the morning watching the comings and goings of the DH. Moth club's charity fly-in. They seemed to be getting lots of custom and interest for the flights whilst I was there, so hoping they mad lots of money for charity. Thought I'd Share some of my pics of the day that I managed to get (before the shutter died on the camera!).

Hope they are of interest.

Image_DSC9476-6 by Ian Winfield, on Flickr

Image_DSC9502-8 by Ian Winfield, on Flickr

Image_DSC9603-10 by Ian Winfield, on Flickr

Image_DSC9622-11 by Ian Winfield, on Flickr

Image_DSC9679-14 by Ian Winfield, on Flickr

Image_DSC9740-15 by Ian Winfield, on Flickr

Image_DSC9789-17 by Ian Winfield, on Flickr

Image_DSC9817-18 by Ian Winfield, on Flickr

Image_DSC9828-19 by Ian Winfield, on Flickr

Image_DSC9837-21 by Ian Winfield, on Flickr

Image_DSC9387-3 by Ian Winfield, on Flickr

Image_DSC9401-4 by Ian Winfield, on Flickr

Thanks for looking, comments and criticism are, as ever, more than welcome.

Cheers,

Ian
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/i_winfield/
Twitter: @IWinfield1

GeorgeP

Re: DH Moth club charity Fly-In - Shuttleworth 23.6.18

Post by GeorgeP »

An excellent set, Ian. Your panning technique is spot-on. These D.H. classics are a pleasure to watch in flight. Nice work! :up:
Cheers,

George

Melbourne, Australia.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/30699732@N05/albums

PirateTrickster

Post by PirateTrickster »

Wow - great panning skills, excellent selection. Had I not been helping run a Scout camp I would likely have made the trip up from Herts myself.

Sorry to hear you've got camera problems though, hope you can get the shutter fixed and it doesn't cost you too much. Although if it turns out so expensive you may as well buy a new camera......

timuss

Post by timuss »

Very nice great panning very sharp indeed :clap:
Canon 7Dmk2
Canon 7D
Sigma 18-200
Sigma 10-20
Canon 100-400 L IS II
Icom ICR-2 Scanner
PSN: timuss

Blackbird
UKAR Supporter

Post by Blackbird »

Another :up: for the panning! Lovely set - thank you.

Andy :smile:

I.Winfield

Post by I.Winfield »

Thanks guys, I'm glad you all liked them. I like to use these events as a bit of a panning practise session.

PirateTrickster wrote:Sorry to hear you've got camera problems though, hope you can get the shutter fixed and it doesn't cost you too much. Although if it turns out so expensive you may as well buy a new camera......

Thanks PirateTrickster, as soon as I got back home I ordered a D7200 (was a D7100 that is dying), should arrive wednesday ready for this sunday at Shuttleworth again. I cant live without my camera. Shall have to have a look into repairing the shutter on the 7100 and keep it as a spare.

Cheers,

Ian

Pat Murphy

Post by Pat Murphy »

Pantastic :clap: :clap: Liking the black and white stuff in particular. :smile:

Pat

I.Winfield

Post by I.Winfield »

Pat Murphy wrote:Pantastic :clap: :clap: Liking the black and white stuff in particular. :smile:

Pat

Thanks Pat, glad you like the B/W, for some aircraft I think it works really well (with the right photo), sometimes I feel that monochromes receive a bit of a mixed reception though, you're either for or against them.

AlexC

Post by AlexC »

I.Winfield wrote:sometimes I feel that monochromes receive a bit of a mixed reception though, you're either for or against them.

Have to admit that I'm one of those who are against. Really can't see the point in taking monochromes in 2018. But it's a free world, each to his/her own.
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP

Lighning Fan

Post by Lighning Fan »

AlexC wrote:
I.Winfield wrote:sometimes I feel that monochromes receive a bit of a mixed reception though, you're either for or against them.

Have to admit that I'm one of those who are against. Really can't see the point in taking monochromes in 2018. But it's a free world, each to his/her own.

Agree that it is down to personal taste. I think it depends on the subject I was told a few years ago by a portrait photographer that elderly people didn't like B&W as it seemed old fashioned and reminded them of a time when B&W photographs predominated but that younger people viewed B&W as cool and trendy !!

Orion

Post by Orion »

I normally go on Saturday too, but this year it was either Sunday or not all. So Sunday it was.

Judging by your excellent photos the Saturday was much the better of the two days with lots more going on, glad you had a good day.

I.Winfield

Post by I.Winfield »

Lighning Fan wrote:Agree that it is down to personal taste. I think it depends on the subject

Agree with you on the subject deciding if it works, personally I only like to do monochromes for aircraft that are old enough to have been photographed on B/W film when they were new, I wouldnt do a B/W on anything modern (not that I photograph much modern stuff).

Orion wrote:I normally go on Saturday too, but this year it was either Sunday or not all. So Sunday it was.

Judging by your excellent photos the Saturday was much the better of the two days with lots more going on, glad you had a good day.

Thank Orion, glad you like the photos. I was originally planning for the Sunday, but changed for the Saturday based on the weather. Shame you couldn't get on Saturday, was Sunday much worse?

Cheers,

Ian