New Cat at North Weald

New Cat at North Weald

Postby TJJ on Tue 08 Dec 2009, 3:19 pm

The Catalina arrived from Lee on Solent today to stay for a few months to have some work done. Nice to have one around again.

TJJ

Re: New Cat at North Weald

Postby EMarsh on Tue 08 Dec 2009, 3:20 pm

Very nice. I like the worn Coastal Command scheme on the fuselage. Might pop over at the weekend to take a look. :biggrin:
EMarsh

Postby NeilH68 on Tue 08 Dec 2009, 4:17 pm

Great stuff...might do the same...where`s it going or who owns it?!
Have camera again...Canon DSLR
NeilH68

Postby Typhoon on Tue 08 Dec 2009, 9:49 pm

i wonder if it might stay long enough for Legends next year
Sony A580
Tamron 70-300 Lens
Typhoon

Postby Lumix on Tue 08 Dec 2009, 10:19 pm

Lovely set of shots! :clap: Looks great in that scheme!
Lumix

Postby AlexC on Wed 09 Dec 2009, 10:00 am

NeilH68 wrote:Great stuff...might do the same...where`s it going or who owns it?!

A registration inquiry shows that she is owned by the Wells Fargo Bank, Salt Lake City, so I suppose she will be heading out over the pond next year. :sad:
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP
AlexC

Postby NeilH68 on Wed 09 Dec 2009, 10:12 am

AlexC wrote:
NeilH68 wrote:Great stuff...might do the same...where`s it going or who owns it?!

A registration inquiry shows that she is owned by the Wells Fargo Bank, Salt Lake City, so I suppose she will be heading out over the pond next year. :sad:

That would be a shame, would be great to see it at a few events with the Duxford based cat.
Have camera again...Canon DSLR
NeilH68

Postby Gooze on Wed 09 Dec 2009, 5:21 pm

When i flew with PNGC at Lee over the summer they confirmed it is expected the Cat leaves for the US next may :sad:
Gooze

Postby PhilW on Wed 09 Dec 2009, 7:09 pm

Love the colour scheme. Thanks for catching them. :clap:
PhilW

Postby PaulHP on Wed 09 Dec 2009, 8:37 pm

Good catch Trevor.

by EMarsh on Tue 08 Dec 2009, 3:20 pm

Very nice. I like the worn Coastal Command scheme on the fuselage. Might pop over at the weekend to take a look.

It was put into one of the hangar's at lunchtime forward facing, and then they closed the doors :sad:
PaulHP

Postby EMarsh on Thu 10 Dec 2009, 9:22 am

PaulHP wrote:Good catch Trevor.

by EMarsh on Tue 08 Dec 2009, 3:20 pm

Very nice. I like the worn Coastal Command scheme on the fuselage. Might pop over at the weekend to take a look.

It was put into one of the hangar's at lunchtime forward facing, and then they closed the doors :sad:

:sad: Boo-urns! Thanks for the update though, saves disappointment later! Might pop over for lunch at the Squadron anyway, seeing as the 'Weald is only 20/5 minutes up the M11. :biggrin:
EMarsh

Postby jimbob1194 on Fri 11 Dec 2009, 5:16 pm

Is the paint scheme going to get changed? I hope not. Sad that its leaving :sad:

James
The Mustang won't do what a Spitfire does, but it does it over Berlin.
jimbob1194

Return to Warbird & Classic Jet Photos