Warbirds over Sonoma

Warbirds over Sonoma

Postby Mike on Mon 04 Jan 2010, 3:49 am

I had the privilege of shooting these three Schelville-based aircraft over the Sonoma Valley at the end of October. Chris Prevost in his TP-40N, George Perez (who regularly flies the French P-40N at Legends and La Ferte Alais) in his P-51D (which he's owned for over 40 years, and has kept tucked away in a hangar at Petaluma for about 20 years until earlier this year), and Tom Morris in the Vintage Aircraft Company's SNJ. All three of these aircraft are available for rides, so if you're ever in the San Francisco area and fancy a flight in any of these, or one of Vintage Aircraft's trio of Stearmans, details are available at http://www.vintageaircraft.com/

My thanks go to the above-mentioned pilots, to Jerry Anderson for flying Mike DeCastro's Beech 18 as camera ship and to Roger Cain for arranging the shoot.
Mike

Re: Warbirds over Sonoma

Postby F-86 on Mon 04 Jan 2010, 6:25 pm

Nice shots, nice clean looking Mustang. :clap: :clap:
F-86

Postby timuss on Mon 04 Jan 2010, 9:06 pm

Oh wow they are beauties, i like the clean Mustang unusual to see one with out a name.
Canon 7Dmk2
Canon 7D
Sigma 18-200
Sigma 10-20
Canon 100-400 L IS II
Icom ICR-2 Scanner
PSN: timuss
timuss

Postby HuwJHopkins on Sun 10 Jan 2010, 10:08 am

What stunning air-to-airs! Lovelly lighting, subjects and backdrop too, Shots 2 and 5 really stand out for me. I have to say I've never seen a Mustang in that bare scheme before but I absolutely love it, or that Texan scheme, and the TP-40 is something a little different!. Thanks for posting :clap: Another locaion to add to my USA travels next year I think :grin:

Cheers, Huw :smile:
HuwJHopkins

Postby Chrisse on Thu 14 Jan 2010, 9:47 am

Lovely set of images of some good-looking planes.
Chrisse

Return to Warbird & Classic Jet Photos