FHC Fw-190A-5 Debut

FHC Fw-190A-5 Debut

Postby Dora9a on Tue 09 Aug 2011, 10:28 pm

Hi Guys,

Here's a teaser, the rest can be seen here. https://picasaweb.google.com/1052192199 ... 4O6UirnzYA

The lighting sucked, so it is what it is.

Cheers

Dora9a

Re: FHC Fw-190A-5 Debut

Postby StevenH on Wed 10 Aug 2011, 12:49 am

Lovely shots of a lovely pair of aircraft. :smile:
StevenH

Postby Dora9a on Wed 10 Aug 2011, 2:42 am

Thank You
Dora9a

Postby Ian A.S. on Wed 10 Aug 2011, 11:48 am

What an interesting duo , they look good, I bet they sounded terrific - the Daimler Benz in concert with the BMW 801 - both originals. The Paul Allen collection is really something, what a shame the Fw 190 Dora doesn`t fly.

Thanks for sharing Chris - good shots despite the light.

Ian A.S.
Ian A.S.

Postby Blackbird on Wed 10 Aug 2011, 12:42 pm

Very nice indeed - where was this?

Andy
Blackbird
UKAR Supporter

Postby Dora9a on Thu 11 Aug 2011, 2:30 am

Thanks Ian!

Andy, this took place at Paine Field in Everett, Washington about 30 minutes North of Seattle. It is home to Paul Allen's Flying Heritage Collection (FHC) as well as Historic Flight Foundation, Legend Flyers (Me-262 Replicas) and lastly, Boeing 747, 767,777 and 787 production.

Cheers
Dora9a

Postby F-86 on Thu 11 Aug 2011, 9:09 pm

Nice shots, great looking aircraft too.
F-86

Postby stewjw on Thu 18 Aug 2011, 11:41 am

Great pictures, thanks for posting I've never seen a genuine BF109, looks like an E series and FW-190 in flight.
What does annoy me is that the restorers have done an excellent job getting the planes into flying condition and then let themselves down by not using authentic markings and camouflage patterns. I just don't get it, are they really that ignorant or disdainful of history. Why didn't they use reference books, there's a growing literature on the subject matter out there.
stewjw

Postby Mike on Thu 18 Aug 2011, 8:31 pm

stewjw wrote:Great pictures, thanks for posting I've never seen a genuine BF109, looks like an E series and FW-190 in flight.
What does annoy me is that the restorers have done an excellent job getting the planes into flying condition and then let themselves down by not using authentic markings and camouflage patterns. I just don't get it, are they really that ignorant or disdainful of history. Why didn't they use reference books, there's a growing literature on the subject matter out there.

What part of the colour schemes do you think is non-authentic stewjw? Both schemes reflect the colours the actual aircraft wore in service. There is some debate over the exact shade of green used on the Fw, but the pattern is taken from the aircraft as recovered from a Russian forest. It is a field-applied summer scheme over the top of the factory scheme, and the pattern and markings were very carefully recorded in great detail during the airframe's strip down for restoration. Likewise the Bf109E-3 scheme accurately recreates the markings that the airframe wore when it was shot down over the French coast in July 1940, minus code numbers as the correct codes for this aircraft are not known. Just for interest, the Bf109E-3 was painted in the UK by Clive Denney of 'Vintage Fabrics'.
Mike

Return to Warbird & Classic Jet Photos