A Cold Day at Duxford - 29 Nov 08

Photos of warbirds, classic jets and museum visits
Pen Pusher

A Cold Day at Duxford - 29 Nov 08

Post by Pen Pusher »

There was a plethora of Bomber Command Veterans signing books and prints in the AirSpace museum along with a load of kids taking part in the First Lego League’s Eastern Region finals. The Hermes fuselage was open for a look/see as well.

It was dark in the hangers so I did a bit of experimenting with longer shutter speeds. The easy way. I attached my camera to my small binocular tripod, inserted the remote release, turned off the flash, set the ISO to 100 and the programme dial to 'Night'. :whistle:

Brian
The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DfG on Facebook
BAMPhotography on Facebook

Boghopper Mk 11a

Re: A Cold Day at Duxford - 29 Nov 08

Post by Boghopper Mk 11a »

Those cowlings are gonna be barstewards to fit snug, should'nt complain though, as they are 60 years old vintage.

Of note, we had the main spars x-rayed in the week, they are good to go flying

CH2

Post by CH2 »

Brian

Really like the Shack, good angle. :clap:
Cheers,

Chris

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher »

CH2 wrote:Brian

Really like the Shack, good angle. :clap:

Last shot of the day. Camera was on the ground propped up a little bit with the lens cap to frame the image. The lights were off and was a 3.2 sec exposure. The yellow framework was a 'Robot' that had been playing with a rather large red ball.

Brian

DfG on Facebook

hedgerowops

Post by hedgerowops »

Nice shot's Brian as usual the Hermes look's very posh inside do you know if that was a standard fit? I do like the Harvard with panel's off.
Chris

9arrow

Post by 9arrow »

Well done, Brian. I love the finished articles and am intrigued by your exposure settings. Did you have to "bring them up" in PS or something as well or is this the finished exposure lightwise? If it is I am well impressed.

Dave

tankbuster81
UKAR Supporter

Post by tankbuster81 »

lovely as ever brian.that hermes is a beauty.hoping to visit soon,on a sunday before christmas.Are you normally around on a sunday,be nice to meet you,if only for photography tips. lol. :rock:
Don't bother running, you'll only die tired!!

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher »

Did you have to "bring them up" in PS or something as well or is this the finished exposure lightwise? If it is I am well impressed.

Dave, this is the original image straight from the camera for photo No 6 before any processing but just resized for the web. 1.6 sec exposure. The shot of the Harvard was 2 seconds and the zoomed in close up from the same spot was 6 seconds.
hoping to visit soon,on a sunday before christmas.Are you normally around on a sunday,be nice to meet you,if only for photography tips.

tankbuster81

More than happy to meet up but during the winter months, I don't normally go on a Sunday as you can't guarantee the weather (being a bike rider) so I stick to week day's/Saturday's as I can get there on the bus. I might have a weekday visit before Christmas, probably if the sun ever shines again, but my next planned visit will probably be on 22nd Dec., (Edit) a Monday.

Brian
Last edited by Pen Pusher on Mon 01 Dec 2008, 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

DfG on Facebook

Lumix

Post by Lumix »

That's a lovely set of shots! Really liking all the indoor shots! :clap:

morph

Post by morph »

Great to see the Hermes from inside again. I was on the restoration team for about 7 years> Being a junior member of the DAS, I cut and recovered, then fitted most of the cockpit panels (not the instrument panels though). I also helped my father recreate the rear vanity area. I remember lots of cold sundays!!! We only had a small team of 5 people. Unfortunately Reading to cambridge every other sunday got very expensive so we had to give it up. We were lucky enough to be invited to the 'roll out' when she was repainted. i'm so happy someone has finally got to see the work we carried out. Hopefully she'll be open next year at some of the airshows
Neil
Fortune favours the brave.