RAF Hendon in detail

RAF Hendon in detail

Postby RRconway on Sun 18 Mar 2012, 2:22 pm

Hello all,

I spent a pleasant afternoon at my local Museum recently, RAF Hendon.
I know there are strong opinions on here about RAF Hendon with regard to the lighting, and how differcult it makes photography, and it is true, but it is still one of my favourite museums and I have spent a lot of time there in my lifetime.

As a child it was always my birthday outing of choice and I think I have been there every year since the age of 3 or so, which was only two years after it opened and I remember being amazed by the Blackburn Beverly which used to be in the car park, now replaced by a plastic Spitfire and Hurricane, I wish they'd kept the Beverly, it had far more presence and was far rarer a sight.

Anyway lighting aside they have a wonderful collection of aircraft, which appear to be well looked after, not bad considering the Museum is free!!!! :clap: :smile:

I have enjoyed some of the close up photography by several contributors on here recently, Tommercer, Screechy and Kenny to name but a few and thought I would try and develop and improve my take on this style.
I realise its not to everyones liking but I hope you like these.

So here are a few picture of some of the exhibits, after a nice afternoon with my tripod!!!!

Thanks for looking hope you enjoyed them.

Cheers,
Jeff.
I know you think you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realise that what I said is not what I meant.
RRconway

Re: RAF Hendon in detail

Postby davew55 on Sun 18 Mar 2012, 7:58 pm

Very nice. My local aviation museum as well. I try to get along once or twice a year even if nothing new has arrived,

David
davew55
UKAR Supporter

Postby JohnH on Sun 18 Mar 2012, 8:37 pm

Like your nose on close up of the Lanc jeff
JohnH

Postby RRconway on Mon 19 Mar 2012, 5:23 pm

Thanks chaps, glad you like them :smile:

Cheers,
Jeff.
I know you think you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realise that what I said is not what I meant.
RRconway

Postby Kenny on Fri 23 Mar 2012, 9:41 am

These are great Jeff. Right up my street

The Lanc head on is my fave by far
Kenny

Postby RRconway on Sun 25 Mar 2012, 5:49 pm

Thanks for the comments Kenny, glad you like them :smile:

Cheers,
Jeff.
RRconway

Return to Warbird & Classic Jet Photos