Polish Aviation Museum Krakow

Re: Polish Aviation Museum Krakow

Postby Saracen on Sun 11 Mar 2018, 9:33 am

How easy is it to get here from the Airport. Would a taxi be best many thanks for any advice
Previously known as WATFC and any Similarity to any persons alive or dead is purely coincidental
Saracen

Postby Berf on Sun 11 Mar 2018, 4:15 pm

Saracen wrote:How easy is it to get here from the Airport. Would a taxi be best many thanks for any advice

Easy: 17 min train journey on a very nice shiny new train and track to central station - walk towards Old town past the shopping mall into the square (5 mins max) and you will see Hotel Europski in front of you. Tram stop is pretty obvious it is I think Dworzec Glowny. It is in Lubicz street. There are numerous trams check the map for which number but you want to go to Museum Lotnictwa ie east. About 15 mins on tram. Museum is a five minute walk. Yes you could get a taxi but the trams are cheap and you get to see a few things
Berf

Postby Draken on Sun 11 Mar 2018, 5:49 pm

Berf wrote:
Saracen wrote:How easy is it to get here from the Airport. Would a taxi be best many thanks for any advice

Easy: 17 min train journey on a very nice shiny new train and track to central station - walk towards Old town past the shopping mall into the square (5 mins max) and you will see Hotel Europski in front of you. Tram stop is pretty obvious it is I think Dworzec Glowny. It is in Lubicz street. There are numerous trams check the map for which number but you want to go to Museum Lotnictwa ie east. About 15 mins on tram. Museum is a five minute walk. Yes you could get a taxi but the trams are cheap and you get to see a few things

Even easier is to take a tram directly from Train Station (number 5, tram stop is right under train platforms)

If you are around - let me know, we can visit the Museum together ;)
Draken

Postby Berf on Sun 11 Mar 2018, 7:04 pm

Ha, I missed that and ended up in the shopping centre!
Berf

Postby jalfrezi on Mon 05 Nov 2018, 10:13 am

Had the pleasure of visiting the museum in September, it's definitely one of the better museums in Europe.

Its WW1 aircraft collection is something else, with a lot of German aircraft that were moved there from Berlin during WW2, and then not given back! Unfortunately, they are very difficult to photo - as they're quite cramped and in low light.
jalfrezi
UKAR Staff

Postby Draken on Sat 05 Jan 2019, 10:10 pm

Few shots from April '18

If anyone plans a visit - let me know, always happy to be your guide :)
Draken

Previous

Return to Warbird & Classic Jet Photos