G-HUEY

G-HUEY

Postby LN Strike Eagle on Mon 04 Aug 2014, 8:29 pm

"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"
LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Re: G-HUEY

Postby TJJ on Mon 04 Aug 2014, 10:24 pm

Nice to see you yesterday. Glad you finally saw the Huey and got a shot of me in Ops 1!
TJJ

Postby Ledhead27 on Tue 05 Aug 2014, 9:56 am

Great work yet again Dan!
"FuelMan, SpamCan, NoPlan, CivviMan, DroneMan Dan"

UKAR Party Plane Captain

4 out of 5 baguettes
Ledhead27
UKAR Staff

Postby Wissam24 on Tue 05 Aug 2014, 1:48 pm

Glad you got to see the Huey in the air, I've not got to see it flying yet but I hope to. I agree about more places booking them, two very iconic aircraft, even for people in the UK and i do like seeing them around. Do they just do static?
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016
Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Postby LN Strike Eagle on Tue 05 Aug 2014, 2:01 pm

Wissam24 wrote:Glad you got to see the Huey in the air, I've not got to see it flying yet but I hope to. I agree about more places booking them, two very iconic aircraft, even for people in the UK and i do like seeing them around. Do they just do static?

Both are flyers available for air displays. I've never seen the one based up north, and only never seen this one outside of the hangar on one other occasion. It was flying at Damyns Hall airshow this weekend.
LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Postby Mictheslik on Tue 05 Aug 2014, 2:04 pm

Wissam24 wrote:Glad you got to see the Huey in the air, I've not got to see it flying yet but I hope to. I agree about more places booking them, two very iconic aircraft, even for people in the UK and i do like seeing them around. Do they just do static?

Southport normally gets a display from G-UHIH....but it is the local show. Guess it's quite expensive for a big helicopter to transit around the UK.

.mic
Mictheslik Aviation Photography

Remember when we went to Payerne on that Wednesday?
Mictheslik

Postby Wissam24 on Tue 05 Aug 2014, 2:09 pm

UHIH and HUEY both belong to the same "organisation" right? Or are they separate? I've only ever seen UHIH on the ground, never seen HUEY as far as I'm aware.
Twitter: @samwise24 | Flickr: samwise24 | Shamelessly copying LN Strike Eagle's avatar ideas since 2016
Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Postby Mictheslik on Tue 05 Aug 2014, 2:12 pm

Nope, separately owned. However, the operators of UHIH also operate G-OHGA (OH-6)

.mic
Mictheslik Aviation Photography

Remember when we went to Payerne on that Wednesday?
Mictheslik

Postby tommo999 on Tue 05 Aug 2014, 2:16 pm

Mictheslik wrote:Nope, separately owned. However, the operators of UHIH also operate G-OHGA (OH-6)

.mic

Based at Wesham I do believe.

G-HUEY is owned by Mark Fitzgerald, one of the Gnat Team, according to the commentator at Damyns Hall, and is based at North Weald.
tommo999

Postby LN Strike Eagle on Tue 05 Aug 2014, 2:17 pm

Wissam24 wrote:UHIH and HUEY both belong to the same "organisation" right?

No, separate owners. G-UHIH is operated alongside an OH-6 Loach, and I believe there were plans to add an AH-1 Cobra to that stable.

G-HUEY lives at North Weald with the Gnat Display Team - I think it's privately owned but operated by GDT/Heritage Aircraft Trust.
LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Postby Wissam24 on Tue 05 Aug 2014, 2:18 pm

I see thanks, I couldn't find anything online to explain it.
Wissam24
UKAR Staff

Postby crossygr4 on Tue 05 Aug 2014, 7:26 pm

Mictheslik wrote:

Southport normally gets a display from G-UHIH....but it is the local show. Guess it's quite expensive for a big helicopter to transit around the UK.

.mic

Blackpool as well,its based around 9 miles away,very occasionally we get it on static on prom for afternoon,along with the loach,Huey flying at Blackpool this coming Monday afternoon 10/8/14
RIAT,blackpool,southport
crossygr4

Postby Tommy on Tue 05 Aug 2014, 7:34 pm

G-HUIH was on static (along with the Loach) at RIAT last year, this one seems to be a rarer beast although both are arguably the most underrated items on the display circuit at the moment (along with the Whirlwind).

Great shots once again, Dan. I quite like the way you've captured Pegs... what a beautiful machine!
Tommy
UKAR Staff

Return to Warbird & Classic Jet Photos