Duxford November Bimbles ~ *UPDATE 2~11Nov16*

Photos of warbirds, classic jets and museum visits
Pen Pusher

Duxford November Bimbles ~ *UPDATE 2~11Nov16*

Post by Pen Pusher »

Having fought off a hacking/coughing head cold for the last two weeks, I though it was time to get out and about again and see if I could remember how to get to Duxford. The cold, brisk northerly wind certainly did clear out the cobwebs. Apart from the Victor fuselage taking up residence in 5 hangar for the next 3+ years and TFC having a shuffle around of their fleet in hangar 2, not a lot had changed since my last visit. Very quiet flying wise with only the Classic Wings Cessna 172 and Rapide doing a couple of flights and there were a couple of GA visitors.

Sony Alpha A7RII Compact System Camera + Sony E10-18mm f4 OSS Lens + Tamron 18-200mm f3.5-6.3 Di-III VC Lens.

Brian
The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DfG on Facebook
BAMPhotography on Facebook

Reddog111

Re: Duxford November Bimbles ~ 05Nov16

Post by Reddog111 »

The first few are great shots of a huge graceful Whale.

She'll look great when she's done.

Thanks for sharing them.

Pen Pusher

Re: Duxford November Bimbles ~ *UPDATE 1~10Nov16*

Post by Pen Pusher »

A quiet day at Duxford although there was a possibility of the Sopwith Pup, based in hangar 3, having an engine run and was it was also due a second flight. It hadn't emerged by the time I had left but I was told later that it was up flying when the museum closed at 4pm. Having left Duxford in French Air Force markings, T-28 Fennec/G-TROY returned to Duxford on Tuesday with a new identity. It has now been repainted as a T-28 Trojan and is in the original markings it carried when flying with the USAF Training Command in March 1953. Apologies for going overboard on the T-28 but a silver aeroplane parked in the sunshine with storm clouds above made for some interesting photographic opportunities. Until it started raining. In the order they were taken.

Sony a6300 CSC + Tamron 18-200mm f3.5-6.3 Di-III VC Lens.

Brian

DfG on Facebook

Ryan.

Post by Ryan. »

Absolutely lovely scheme on the T-28.

frank

Post by frank »

Another really interesting bimble - many thanks for keeping these going.
One day you might think about putting something together in a book form.

Pen Pusher

Re: Duxford November Bimbles ~ *UPDATE 2~11Nov16*

Post by Pen Pusher »

Been a while since I didn't have to dig my gloves out as I Bimbled around Duxford. It was a bright, crisp day with blue sky, high cloud but unfortunately very little wind to blow the haze away so far from ideal photographic conditions. A varied day on the flying side. As the Nieuport 17 Replica was being readied for a flight, a 32 Squadron Agusta Westland 109SP GrandNew helicopter/GZ100 from RAF Northolt, called in for a couple of hours. As it was leaving an RAF Air Cadets Grob Vigilant T.1/ZH271 arrived and parked up in the spot left by the Agusta. As it was leaving a LVII(R) Squadron Grob G115E Tutor/G-BYWN arrived for a stop over. Several GA types were doing circuits with an Apache helicopter thrown in for good measure. In the order they were taken.

Sony a6300 CSC + Tamron 18-200mm f3.5-6.3 Di-III VC Lens.

Brian

DfG on Facebook