2 Lancs 2014- My take

2 Lancs 2014- My take

Postby st24 on Mon 27 Feb 2017, 9:14 pm

Quite embarrassing how long I take to edit images!.. Due to few airshows, poor weather, sell outs and unserviceability I only caught the CWH Lancaster twice - at Coningsby/Waddington on 21 August for the 3 Avro sisters bash and at the Duxford show in September.

Coningsby - both Lancs departed to Waddington in the morning in promising weather...

I was quote looking forward to experiencing 8 Merlins running up to full power, unfortunately 29Sqn decided to launch a 4 ship at the same time and so the music was drowned out somehwat by 8 EJ-200s... :sad:
Saluting the heroes...

As expected, the weather went belly up at Waddo...Fortunately the amount of hi-viz vests lifted the light... :wink:

Ruhr bound-

Main event-

I found it very amusing that with thousands of people still around the base, a never to be seen in public Shadow started flying circuits!

Duxford could have been very good but, with annoyingly expected timing the biggest, blackest cloud rolled in just in time for the BBMF display.. :facepalm:
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!
st24

Re: 2 Lancs 2014- My take

Postby CJS on Tue 28 Feb 2017, 8:45 am

Lovely stuff :up: You can never take too long to edit photos like this IMHO. :win:

DX was the only chance I got to see them - very glad I made the trip too.

Thanks for sharing these st24, happy memories indeed. :clap:
"Forewarned is forearmed"
How do you know I didn't?
CJS

Return to Warbird & Classic Jet Photos