Busy day at North Weald

Photos of warbirds, classic jets and museum visits
LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Busy day at North Weald

Post by LN Strike Eagle »

One of those good days where you turn up blind and hit the jackpot. Hangar 11 were off to RAF Cosford, the Gnats were training and one of the stars of the season so far, G-HUEY, was up and about yet again, this time for a private function.

Didn't fare so well with the camera though - still experimenting, so gave RAW files a go today. Peter Teichman very kindly posed the aircraft on the taxiway, just at the moment I filled the CF card, and it wasn't until quite late in the day I realised I'd left the camera set on ISO400 after Shuttleworth last weekend. :grin: :facepalm:

North American P-51D Mustang 472035 "Tall In The Saddle" (G-SIJJ) - Hangar 11 Collection - North Weald, June 2017 by Dan B, on Flickr

North American P-51D Mustang 472035 "Tall In The Saddle" (G-SIJJ) - Hangar 11 Collection - North Weald, June 2017 by Dan B, on Flickr

Folland Gnat T.1 G-RORI / XR538 - Gnat Display Team - North Weald, June 2017 by Dan B, on Flickr

Folland Gnat T.1 G-RORI / XR538 - Gnat Display Team - North Weald, June 2017 by Dan B, on Flickr

Folland Gnat T.1 G-MOUR / XS102 (XR992) - Gnat Display Team - North Weald, June 2017 by Dan B, on Flickr

Folland Gnat T.1 G-MOUR / XS102 (XR992) - Gnat Display Team - North Weald, June 2017 by Dan B, on Flickr

Bell UH-1H Iroquois 560 (G-HUEY) - North Weald, June 2017 by Dan B, on Flickr

Bell UH-1H Iroquois 560 (G-HUEY) - North Weald, June 2017 by Dan B, on Flickr
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"

BDL

Re: Busy day at North Weald

Post by BDL »

Nice set Dan, did you get any of the Bulldog that landed at around 1.00pm?

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

I did not. Think I saw it come in, parked up near the Squadron? Tend not to loiter there, as you're shooting into the light.

tuska2

Post by tuska2 »

Very Nice, I really must get there soon!

tankbuster81
UKAR Supporter

Post by tankbuster81 »

Cracking set. Peter Teichman, one of the nicest guy's on the circuit. Has the Huey changed ownership?, as she seem's to be up and about more these days? And not every day you see a guy suited and booted flying a Huey. :clap:
Don't bother running, you'll only die tired!!

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

tankbuster81 wrote:Cracking set. Peter Teichman, one of the nicest guy's on the circuit. Has the Huey changed ownership?, as she seem's to be up and about more these days? And not every day you see a guy suited and booted flying a Huey. :clap:

No change of ownership, just seems that airshows have finally cottoned on that there are alternatives they can book for some variety.

BDL

Post by BDL »

LN Strike Eagle wrote:I did not. Think I saw it come in, parked up near the Squadron? Tend not to loiter there, as you're shooting into the light.

Damn. Yep, we parked and had lunch there. Too busy munching on a Sausage sandwich and missed Tall in the Saddle going past :-(

What time did the Gnats depart? We were on a tight schedule and couldn't wait.

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

BDL wrote:
LN Strike Eagle wrote:I did not. Think I saw it come in, parked up near the Squadron? Tend not to loiter there, as you're shooting into the light.

Damn. Yep, we parked and had lunch there. Too busy munching on a Sausage sandwich and missed Tall in the Saddle going past :-(

What time did the Gnats depart? We were on a tight schedule and couldn't wait.

There was at least one solo flight around lunchtime - think there may have been another one before that but hadn't arrived by then. The pairs sortie (I think it was to display at the wedding the Huey was attending) was just before 5pm.