Duxford October Bimbles ~ *UPDATE 1~27Oct12*

Photos of warbirds, classic jets and museum visits
Pen Pusher

Duxford October Bimbles ~ *UPDATE 1~27Oct12*

Post by Pen Pusher »

A very blustery and very quiet, apart from hundreds of school kids who would rather be somewhere else, day at Duxford. There were only two aircraft movements while I was there. Dove/G-OPLC parked up next to the MiG, which is still on the jet pan, and the Duxford Aviation Society VC-10 was re-positioned for filming for a British Airways advert I believe. Period vehicles has made the journey up from Brooklands Museum for a bit of set dressing.

Sony a6300 + Sony PZ 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS lens

Brian
The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DfG on Facebook
BAMPhotography on Facebook

Pen Pusher

Re: Duxford October Bimbles ~ *UPDATE 1~27Oct12*

Post by Pen Pusher »

A visit to Duxford and something actually happened. Traffic was queuing back to the roundabout as the museum opened as it was the first day of the Autumn Quilt Show. Lot's of museum visitors as well. The French registered Xtremair XA42/F-HAUL, that had been in residence with TFC, flew back to France mid afternoon. There was a slight infestation of Moths out on the airfield after the Duxford based Leopard Moth/D-ACMN parked up next to a visiting Hornet Moth/G-ADMT after it had finished doing circuits. Spitfire T9/PV202 was operating with Classic Wings for the usual 'Flying In A Spitfire' flights and the Welsh (until it gets a repaint) Spitfire T9/PT462 went up for two flights while I was there and P-51D/Sharkmouth went up for its first flight since playing tag with 'Miss Helen' at the last air show. Photos in the order taken.

Sony Alpha A6000 CSC & Tamron 18-200mm f3.5-6.3 Di-III VC.

Brian
The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DfG on Facebook
BAMPhotography on Facebook

AMB

Re: Duxford October Bimbles ~ *UPDATE 1~27Oct12*

Post by AMB »

Thanks for those Brian. I liked the shot taken low down of the BEA coach with the BOAC Super VC10 behind....and under a wonderful skyscape.
Adrian