Cosford Nightshoot

Photos of warbirds, classic jets and museum visits
Seamus

Cosford Nightshoot

Post by Seamus »

Evening all,

Thought I'd share a selection of my images from Thursday's thoroughly enjoyable event at Cosford courtesy of Threshold. Another well run event with plenty of lovely aeroplanes on show made for a fine evening. I've particularly enjoyed playing around in post processing, combining techniques I'm learning with my recent forays into landscape photography to add detail and definition to the skies as the sun was going down. Always nice to try and expand the skillset.

In the order they were taken...

ImageMcDonnell Douglas F-4K Phantom FG1 XV582 British Phantom Aviation Group RAF Cosford 08/03/18 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

ImageSEPECAT Jaguar GR3A XX117/ES Royal Air Force RAF Cosford 08/03/18 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

ImageBritish Aerospace Harrier GR3A XZ991 Royal Air Force RAF Cosford 08/03/18 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

ImageSEPECAT Jaguar T2A XX833 Royal Air Force RAF Cosford 08/03/18 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

ImageSEPECAT Jaguar T2 XX837 Royal Air Force RAF Cosford 08/03/18 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

ImageMcDonnell Douglas F-4K Phantom FG1 XV582 British Phantom Aviation Group RAF Cosford 08/03/18 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

ImageSEPECAT Jaguar GR3A XX119/AI Royal Air Force RAF Cosford 08/03/18 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

ImageSEPECAT Jaguar T2A XX833 Royal Air Force RAF Cosford 08/03/18 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

ImageBritish Aerospace Harrier GR3A XZ991 Royal Air Force RAF Cosford 08/03/18 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

ImageSEPECAT Jaguar GR3A XX725 Royal Air Force RAF Cosford 08/03/18 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

ImageSEPECAT Jaguar GR3A XX725 Royal Air Force RAF Cosford 08/03/18 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

ImageSEPECAT Jaguar GR3A XX117/ES Royal Air Force RAF Cosford 08/03/18 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

ImageWestland Wessex HC2 XR498 Royal Air Force RAF Cosford 08/03/18 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

ImageHawker Siddeley Harrier T4 (VAAC) XW175 Royal Air Force RAF Cosford 08/03/18 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

ImageHawker Siddeley Harrier T4 (VAAC) XW175 Royal Air Force RAF Cosford 08/03/18 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

ImageSEPECAT Jaguar T2 ZB615 Royal Air Force RAF Cosford 08/03/18 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

ImageSEPECAT Jaguar GR3A XX119/AI Royal Air Force RAF Cosford 08/03/18 by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

Thanks for looking, comments welcomed

Cheers,

Shaun
My shots on Flickr and Airliners

jag636

Re: Cosford Nightshoot

Post by jag636 »

They are all nice shots, but where is the human element and I know its not a reflection on the quality of your work, I'm just a bit strange that an opportunity missed from Cosfords point of veiw there's so much more that could have brought the airframes to life, oh well never mind. Thank you for sharing :clap:
Member of Newark air museum and trustee/acquisitions officer just trying to save what we all love and thats history

cg_341

Post by cg_341 »

jag636 wrote:just a bit strange that an opportunity missed from Cosfords point of veiw there's so much more that could have brought the airframes to life, oh well never mind.

Suggestions welcome...!

Ian G
UKAR Staff

Post by Ian G »

jag636 wrote:They are all nice shots, but where is the human element and I know its not a reflection on the quality of your work, I'm just a bit strange that an opportunity missed from Cosfords point of veiw there's so much more that could have brought the airframes to life, oh well never mind. Thank you for sharing :clap:

If you're on about re-enactors and the like then I'm glad that there weren't any! TLE have had re-enactors for their shoots at Cosford and at a hefty price too, part of the reason why I went for this shoot. Each to their own.
Garf's website and Flickr Photostream

"Which road can I close for you today?"

#tapestries

Seamus

Post by Seamus »

jag636 wrote:They are all nice shots, but where is the human element and I know its not a reflection on the quality of your work, I'm just a bit strange that an opportunity missed from Cosfords point of veiw there's so much more that could have brought the airframes to life, oh well never mind. Thank you for sharing :clap:

Thanks. Personally, I prefer them without the re-enactors for the same reasons as above. I'm unsure of the cost of the recent TLE shoot at Coventry, but I'm willing to bet it was more expensive than the Cosford shoot, with far fewer aircraft. From my limited experience of these types of events, Threshold certainly seem to be providing the best value for money. As ever though, it all comes down to personal preference....
My shots on Flickr and Airliners

ianf

Post by ianf »

Seamus a good set you have here, I enjoyed the event too. Jagg I am another who disagrees that Re-enactors enhance shoots. I think they do the opposite and welcome Thresholds approach. They are rarely the correct age and you have to conform to the shot your given, which represses creativity in my opinion. Roll on Yeovilton tomorrow.
Victor XL231 Lusty Lindy, crew chief.
Our face book page. https://www.facebook.com/LustyLindy231/?ref=bookmarks

Stu

Post by Stu »

Superb selection of shots :up:
Olympus Cameras

UBC780XLT
DJ-X10
DJ-X3

Representing www.simplyplanes.co.uk