Indian Dakota

Indian Dakota

Postby CameronSys on Mon 16 Apr 2018, 9:38 pm

The Indian Air Force Historic Flight DC-3, VP905, undertook an air test this afternoon at CVT, prior to making the scheduled move to India in the very near future.

1. ImageDouglas DC-3 VP905 by Cameron Sys, on Flickr

2. ImageDouglas DC-3 VP905 by Cameron Sys, on Flickr

3. ImageDouglas DC-3 VP905 by Cameron Sys, on Flickr

4. ImageDouglas DC-3 VP905 by Cameron Sys, on Flickr

5. ImageDouglas DC-3 VP905 by Cameron Sys, on Flickr

While it will be a shame to see this fantastic aircraft leave the UK, it must be noted that the aircraft faced a very uncertain future during its time sat outside at Kemble, so its great that the aircraft will live on, flying around India!

Thanks for looking
Cameron
CameronSys

Re: Indian Dakota

Postby jaguar54 on Wed 18 Apr 2018, 8:15 am

Shame we could not see it at RIAT this year.
jaguar54

Postby AlexC on Wed 18 Apr 2018, 8:16 am

CVT?
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP
AlexC

Postby cg_341 on Wed 18 Apr 2018, 8:39 am

CoVenTry.
cg_341

Postby CameronSys on Wed 18 Apr 2018, 11:21 am

It is a shame, but they need to arrive in India before the summer monsoon arrives next month!
CameronSys

Postby MarkL on Wed 18 Apr 2018, 7:41 pm

This old gal has been around for years as G-AMSV and most of us have probably seen it many times.

Why all the interest now ?
HTAFC
MarkL
UKAR Supporter

Postby Stagger2 on Thu 19 Apr 2018, 9:30 am

MarkL wrote:This old gal has been around for years as G-AMSV and most of us have probably seen it many times.

Why all the interest now ?

Always looking to get a nice shot of any 'military' aircraft especially in a unique scheme & even more so if it's my last chance to see it. I won't be going to India anytime soon, if indeed ever!
I already have multiple shots of G-AMSV as it was. I have no interest in registrations/serials, only in the present appearance. That's why I still take shots of the Lancaster, even though I'm led to believe it's just the same airframe repainted! :shock: :whistle:
Stagger2

Postby 114PM on Thu 19 Apr 2018, 12:40 pm

She is underway :) Currently leaving Italy for Greece.
114PM

Postby Amp on Thu 19 Apr 2018, 1:55 pm

Glad to see the continued interest in this machine. Dakota's might be nearly prehistoric, this particular old gal might have been seen by many, but a pleasure to see in the air.
Amp

Postby CameronSys on Fri 20 Apr 2018, 8:47 pm

Looks like they're making good progress getting there!

I'd say it's of interest based on the unique paint scheme, rarely seen over here.
CameronSys

Return to Warbird & Classic Jet Photos