A Friday afternoon at Duxford

Photos of warbirds, classic jets and museum visits
rockfordstone

A Friday afternoon at Duxford

Post by rockfordstone »

Because I had an early finish at work and weather being stunning. Last Friday I went to Duxford.

being close to Duxford it seemed like there had been a number of planes flying round here recently. Probably getting ready for Flying Legends. Hoping the field may be busy, I packed up my camera and headed down.

As it was just a week day, Honestly I wasn't expecting a lot. But as it turned out, it was a surprisingly good turn out for test flights so I managed to get some nice photos.

I have never had chance to sit back and photograph planes outside of air shows, so as such I have always winged it (pardon the pun). With time on my hands, I played around with settings, went manual, shutter priority all over the shop trying out different things. Some of this things I will look to use at RIAT in two weeks.

I've slimmed down for the amount of images for the purpose of this post, but you can find the rest http://rs7photography.co.uk/2018/07/iwmduxford2018-2/

Hope you like, i took them on my 70-300 rather than 150-600, but some of them are not bad