Lee on Solent Airfield Spitfire Fun

Switch to full style
Photos of warbirds, classic jets and museum visits
Post a reply

Lee on Solent Airfield Spitfire Fun

Tue 10 Jul 2018, 6:58 pm

Hey,

What a great sight and sound at Lee on Solent Airfield today, a Spitfire visited us from Goodwood for some filming with a Mustang (car) up and down the runway.

Supermarine Spitfire HF Mk.IX RR232 (City of Exeter) G-BRSF Lee on Solent Airfield 2018 by Richard Davies, on Flickr

Supermarine Spitfire HF Mk.IX RR232 (City of Exeter) G-BRSF Lee on Solent Airfield 2018 by Richard Davies, on Flickr

Supermarine Spitfire HF Mk.IX RR232 (City of Exeter) G-BRSF Lee on Solent Airfield 2018 (12) by Richard Davies, on Flickr

Mustang Lee on Solent Airfield 2018 by Richard Davies, on Flickr

This last picture is not great, but I posted it so you get the idea of what was happening.

Re: Lee on Solent Airfield Spitfire Fun

Tue 10 Jul 2018, 7:05 pm

Nailed that first one! :win:

Anyone know why this Spitfire doesn't wear any codes?

Tue 10 Jul 2018, 7:48 pm

Lovely shots pin sharp great clarity :clap: :clap:

Wed 11 Jul 2018, 9:23 am

Very good! :up:

I was at Chichester Marina last Wednesday, and there was a Spitfire around during the day, which at a guess I'd say was that one.
Post a reply