G-CKFO Short lived Registration ?

G-CKFO Short lived Registration ?

Postby keithnewsome on Fri 19 May 2017, 8:10 pm

Short Lived ... Short Story ... OO-DWK former Brussels Airlines BAe146/RJ100, Registered with a leasing company from Hatfield since 4th May, arrived at Norwich on 15th April ... spent some time parked on the eastern apron and in and out of various hangars ... Removed from KLM hangar three one week later on 17th May with all engines removed ... parked on eastern apron overnight ... 10:30 next morning 18th May towed to 'Parting Out Area' (scrapping) to me ! assuming it's going to be 'Parted Out' this is a very short life for a registration ... Question ... Does an aircraft being scrapped in the UK have to be registered in the UK ??

Keith :smile:

OO-DWK shortly after arriving.

G-CKFO removed from hangar three.
Last edited by keithnewsome on Sat 20 May 2017, 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
keithnewsome

Re: G-CKFO Short lived Registration ?

Postby DerekF on Fri 19 May 2017, 9:01 pm

I was on the first flight of that one, E3360. Way back in Oct 1999. I did OO-DWL, E3361 as well.
DerekF

Postby keithnewsome on Fri 19 May 2017, 9:19 pm

DerekF ... That is so spooky because OO-DWL arrived here in the same 'blanked out' colour scheme on 17th !! Maybe for the same treatment ????

keithnewsome

Postby cg_341 on Sat 20 May 2017, 7:56 am

If sold to a UK based leasing company, the aircraft needs to be registered in the UK to that company.

This isn't anything new, it's been happening at Kemble for well over a decade.
cg_341

Postby ColinH on Sat 20 May 2017, 9:41 am

The aircraft actually arrived at Norwich on Saturday 15th April Keith. One of the few aircraft I saw on the same day as its arrival!
ColinH

Postby keithnewsome on Sat 20 May 2017, 5:31 pm

ColinH ... yes you are correct about arrival date ... I was using the date on the photo which was from one of it's many moves around Norwich Airport.

keithnewsome

Return to Airline & Commercial Aviation Photos