Heathrow - 23rd August 2010

Photos of commercial airliners
Ben Montgomery

Heathrow - 23rd August 2010

Post by Ben Montgomery »

A bit delayed getting these sorted - but then I've had over 1000 photos to sort from the holiday!

These were all taken from T4 at Heathrow on the morning of the 23rd August as we waited for our flight, which was UL506 to Colombo, Sri Lanka, flying 4R-ADE, an A340-300. Went with my family and good friend Phill, who flew with Qatar. Spent a pleasant hour photographing, and very pleased to get 3 A380s as well!

All taken through the terminal glass with a polarizing filter. The glass made the edges of all the photos go soft, so all the noses and tails are (or at least, that's my excuse :grin: )

Few random movements first:

Our flight - just happened to end up at the gate right in front of us (we were sitting at Costa Coffee :smile: )

The A380s:

And playing with a Polarizer after takeoff:

Hope you enjoy!

Ben

PS - I'm assuming it is OK to take photos from inside the terminals? There were no signs not to, and everyone else was! Colombo International Airport is a different story....

PeterR

Re: Heathrow - 23rd August 2010

Post by PeterR »

Last shot is rather epic! :clap:

rjlaker

Post by rjlaker »

These are great! I had a go at something similar on the way to honeymoon. :clap: :clap:

Chris.Globe

Post by Chris.Globe »

TheOriginalMonty wrote:PS - I'm assuming it is OK to take photos from inside the terminals? There were no signs not to, and everyone else was! Colombo International Airport is a different story....

I asked when I was last air-side, as long as it's not of any "security critical infrastructure" which I take to mean inside the terminals, people, etc. then it's fine.

Nice shots, also :)
Cheers,
Chris Globe – http://chrisglobe.com
World Museums Editor – http://freebirddb.com