Manchester Ringway 28th & 29th (inc. AN124-100)

Photos of commercial airliners
HOLTY

Manchester Ringway 28th & 29th (inc. AN124-100)

Post by HOLTY »

Dirty civvy's (Shudders...)

Saturday:

IMG_8690 by Mark Holt Photography, on Flickr

IMG_8680 by Mark Holt Photography, on Flickr

IMG_8668 by Mark Holt Photography, on Flickr

Ryanair light by Mark Holt Photography, on Flickr

Really happy with these 2:

IMG_8730 by Mark Holt Photography, on Flickr

Ryanair Rainbow by Mark Holt Photography, on Flickr

An hour late in terrible light:

Antonov AN124 by Mark Holt Photography, on Flickr

Mr Flibble
UKAR Staff

Re: Manchester Ringway 28th & 29th (inc. AN124-100)

Post by Mr Flibble »

I like the shot of the Finnair Embraer, Mark.
Looks nice against the dark sky.

I wish "we" as a collective term for aviation enthusiasts could drop the word "dirty" that comes before "civvys" (sic). I like to photograph airliners, and I just don't get it.

LN Strike Eagle
UKAR Staff

Post by LN Strike Eagle »

Rainbow shots are excellent. They'll be on the POTW shortlist. :clap:
"You really are an oafish philistine at times!"

HOLTY

Post by HOLTY »

Sunday:

IMG_8837 by Mark Holt Photography, on Flickr

IMG_8847 by Mark Holt Photography, on Flickr

IMG_8852 by Mark Holt Photography, on Flickr

IMG_8855 by Mark Holt Photography, on Flickr

IMG_8878 by Mark Holt Photography, on Flickr

IMG_8884 by Mark Holt Photography, on Flickr

IMG_8887 by Mark Holt Photography, on Flickr

IMG_8892 by Mark Holt Photography, on Flickr

IMG_8900 by Mark Holt Photography, on Flickr

IMG_8933 by Mark Holt Photography, on Flickr

IMG_8946 by Mark Holt Photography, on Flickr

IMG_8953 by Mark Holt Photography, on Flickr

and the star of the show (2 hours late and in marginally better light than its arrival..)

IMG_8961 by Mark Holt Photography, on Flickr

IMG_8963 by Mark Holt Photography, on Flickr

IMG_8966 by Mark Holt Photography, on Flickr

IMG_8972 by Mark Holt Photography, on Flickr

IMG_8986_filtered by Mark Holt Photography, on Flickr

HOLTY

Post by HOLTY »

Mr Flibble wrote:I like the shot of the Finnair Embraer, Mark.
Looks nice against the dark sky.

I wish "we" as a collective term for aviation enthusiasts could drop the word "dirty" that comes before "civvys" (sic). I like to photograph airliners, and I just don't get it.

Fair point, but ''I'' as a personal term for myself find them terminally boring and was only there as i'd never seen an Antonov before. They were much more interesting on the Saturday afternoon after several pints of Stella at the Airport Pub, lol!!

HOLTY

Post by HOLTY »

LN Strike Eagle wrote:Rainbow shots are excellent. They'll be on the POTW shortlist. :clap:

Cool, thanks Dan!!

PorkScratching

Post by PorkScratching »

Mr Flibble wrote:I wish "we" as a collective term for aviation enthusiasts could drop the word "dirty" that comes before "civvys" (sic). I like to photograph airliners, and I just don't get it.

Absolutely agreed.

It's not a general aviation enthusiast term either - I've only seen it mentioned on UKAR, presumably used by a few mil-only enthusiasts on here in days gone by. Being interested in all forms of aviation I'd be happy to never see it again.

Top shots Holty, especially considering you're not really into civil stuff!

HOLTY

Post by HOLTY »

PorkScratching wrote:Top shots Holty, especially considering you're not really into civil stuff!

They are very easy to get a decent shot of to be fair, especially with the backdrops this weekends weather provided. I do find mil. stuff far more challenging...

Trevster
UKAR Supporter

Post by Trevster »

Agree on the Finnair shot. Lovelt eh KLM Retro scheme also.

Like the Ryanair shot also
Canon Rebel T1
Canon EFS 18-55mm lens
Canon 75-300mm lens

HOLTY

Post by HOLTY »

Thanks Trev, think my chances of POTW have been shot down in flames after seeing the 'Ike' thread... :grin: :grin:

JBartlett

Post by JBartlett »

Nice shots there Mark, Never knew Manchester Viewing area had a Nimrod :shock:

btw what aircraft are you into then if you don't like Airliners? myself I like all aviation :rock:

Cheers
James
RIP Red 4, Flight Lieutenant Jon Egging 1978 - 2011
RIP Red 5, Flight Lieutenant Sean Cunningham

HOLTY

Post by HOLTY »

JBartlett wrote:Nice shots there Mark, Never knew Manchester Viewing area had a Nimrod :shock:

btw what aircraft are you into then if you don't like Airliners? myself I like all aviation :rock:

Cheers
James

I've always been a Military Aviation Enthusiast James. I kept getting asked questions (probably because of the Camera gear) while there and to be honest i only have a small selection of blank and confused looks in my reportoire... :whistle: :whistle:

JBartlett

Post by JBartlett »

HOLTY wrote:
JBartlett wrote:Nice shots there Mark, Never knew Manchester Viewing area had a Nimrod :shock:

Cheers
James

I've always been a Military Aviation Enthusiast James. I kept getting asked questions (probably because of the Camera gear) while there and to be honest i only have a small selection of blank and confused looks in my reportoire... :whistle: :whistle:

:grin: so what about airliners that are in military use like the A330 A310 or B737 etc ?

James

HOLTY

Post by HOLTY »

To be honest James i wouldn't be wetting myself with excitement if they passed through the local (Warton) and i still havn't processed the heavy parade that passed through RIAT yet, although i did post a lot of head on Herc shots from departure day on Fightercontrol, but that was down to succesfull prop-blur and slow shutter exposures.

If i was asked to do Mildenhall i'd probably ask if Lakenheath was on the menu too. I just don't get excited by heavy's like i do with fast moving front line fighters.

I dropped really lucky with the 2 rainbow shots and i am extremely pleased with them for purely aesthetic reasons (although i wish it had been the Antonov that arrived at that time, lol!!) so its purely photographic reasons that i might shoot civvy's or heavy's and not my personal aviation related reasons.

With fast jets, there will be a lot of binned shots due to blur mostly caused by over-excitement, but with civvy's every pics sharp, but in my eyes a bit mundane.

Civvy's just don't fire the adrenal gland for me and in a lot of cases they don't spark any creative processing ideas either..

I hope that explains the reasons for my Dirty Civvy terminology and i appologise if it offends anybody's sensibilities, but there just not my cup of tea...

JBartlett

Post by JBartlett »

HOLTY wrote:To be honest James i wouldn't be wetting myself with excitement if they passed through the local (Warton) and i still havn't processed the heavy parade that passed through RIAT yet, although i did post a lot of head on Herc shots from departure day on Fightercontrol, but that was down to succesfull prop-blur and slow shutter exposures.

If i was asked to do Mildenhall i'd probably ask if Lakenheath was on the menu too. I just don't get excited by heavy's like i do with fast moving front line fighters.

I dropped really lucky with the 2 rainbow shots and i am extremely pleased with them for purely aesthetic reasons (although i wish it had been the Antonov that arrived at that time, lol!!) so its purely photographic reasons that i might shoot civvy's or heavy's and not my personal aviation related reasons.

With fast jets, there will be a lot of binned shots due to blur mostly caused by over-excitement, but with civvy's every pics sharp, but in my eyes a bit mundane.

Civvy's just don't fire the adrenal gland for me and in a lot of cases they don't spark any creative processing ideas either..

I hope that explains the reasons for my Dirty Civvy terminology and i appologise if it offends anybody's sensibilities, but there just not my cup of tea...

Fair enough though I not that worried why you hate civvies :mad: :grin: as you know I like all types so Mildenhall and lakenheath be perfect.

James

HOLTY

Post by HOLTY »

Wooooaaah, i never said i hated them (i don't think, lol!!) i'm just not really inspired by them...

Trevster
UKAR Supporter

Post by Trevster »

Where did you shoot the Saturday shots? Really must try places other than the AVP... :lol:
Canon Rebel T1
Canon EFS 18-55mm lens
Canon 75-300mm lens

HOLTY

Post by HOLTY »

Trevster wrote:Where did you shoot the Saturday shots? Really must try places other than the AVP... :lol:

I was in the beer garden at the Aviation Pub Trev. I'll be there on Saturday as i want a shot of the A380.. The Dark sides calling again, lol!! :lol:

JBartlett

Post by JBartlett »

HOLTY wrote:
Trevster wrote:Where did you shoot the Saturday shots? Really must try places other than the AVP... :lol:

I was in the beer garden at the Aviation Pub Trev. I'll be there on Saturday as i want a shot of the A380.. The Dark sides calling again, lol!! :lol:

You will turn to the darkside :grin:

HOLTY

Post by HOLTY »

JBartlett wrote:
HOLTY wrote:

You will turn to the darkside :grin:

NEVER!!!!!!!! HELP ME OBI WAN!!!!! :ghost: :ghost:

Trevster
UKAR Supporter

Post by Trevster »

HOLTY wrote:

Cheers Mark. Will need to nip along for lunch and a pint one day... :biggrin:
Canon Rebel T1
Canon EFS 18-55mm lens
Canon 75-300mm lens

HOLTY

Post by HOLTY »

Trevster wrote:
HOLTY wrote:

Cheers Mark. Will need to nip along for lunch and a pint one day... :biggrin:

Let me know when, it'll try and get down there..