VP-FAZ Twin Otter Landing Today !

Photos of commercial airliners
keithnewsome

VP-FAZ Twin Otter Landing Today !

Post by keithnewsome »

The British Antarctic Survey Twin Otter seemed to enjoy a few ILS approaches at Norwich this afternoon .... So much so that it landed and is stopping overnight ... Photo of it landing into sunlight ....

Keith :smile:

VP-FAZ.

keithnewsome

Re: VP-FAZ Twin Otter Landing Today !

Post by keithnewsome »

So after an overnight stay ... and almost all of the next day ... 'Ice Cold Katy' leaving Norwich at 16:16 for a few more ILS approaches and then back home ...

VP-FAZ.

tink_norfolk

Post by tink_norfolk »

Wouldn't believe it would you sat all that while in the sun! but never mind it could have been raining as well an hour later,lets see what tomorrow brings Kev!

keithnewsome

Post by keithnewsome »

Thanks Tinky ! :lol: Well tomorrow brought little except rain !! Back to Twin Otters ... My first encounter with a Twin Otter was in 1969 / 1970 when a Canadian series 300 was on a sales tour of the UK and I was lucky enough to be included on a test flight ... Over the threshold at maybe 5000ft the pilot turned and asked if we wanted to go home !! ... Well it seemed like two minutes later we were on that threshold ... My first experience of STOL ... complete with stomach in mouth feeling ??