Paris - CDG and Orly

Photos of commercial airliners
JohnH

Paris - CDG and Orly

Post by JohnH »

A 3 day trip to Paris in August saw both Charels de Gaulle and Orly visited. Based at CDG the photos were taken from the grass banking overlooking the charter terminal (T3) or from the hotel room. Thankfully the windows could be opened. The days of ‘The Mound’ at CDG are long gone and just viewing the aircraft is getting more difficult with all the building work going on.

Orly is much the same as always and the viewing deck is still open. Shooting through what can sometimes be dirty glass and watching out for reflections photos can still be had here. What used to be the Air France bus that went from CDG to Orly is now the Directline bus.

The day of arrival was spent at CDG followed by the best part of the next day at Orly, with departure day spent viewing from the hotel room.

Photobucket has done it's best to kill these photos. Photos looking better can be viewed here: http://johnhumephotography.zenfolio.com/f600103369

Charles de Gualle

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

Orly

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

lambo17841

Re: Paris - CDG and Orly

Post by lambo17841 »

Which hotel did you use at CDG?

John in Seaford

JohnH

Post by JohnH »

John, I stayed at the Ibis hotel in the centre of the airport next to the railway and bus stations. I requested a room with an airport view which was granted.

lambo17841

Post by lambo17841 »

Thanks for info
Pressume you had a photo pass,
Any checks when up on the bank from the police?

John

JohnH

Post by JohnH »

Yep, I had a permit. Had to get a new one for this year as my old one had expired. It took about a month from sending off to receiving it. The person I was with had an old out of date permit and he got away with it. We didn't see any police to speak of. Certainly we were not asked to see our permits. That's a first for me.

Bradley@Norwich

Post by Bradley@Norwich »

Nice photos John
I like my photos, but its not worth sitting in the rain all day!