Sitting on the dock of the bay...Victoria BC floatplanes

Photos of commercial airliners
andygolfer

Sitting on the dock of the bay...Victoria BC floatplanes

Post by andygolfer »

one of my stops on my recent tour of Western Canada, Victoria BC's Harbour has a very busy seaplane terminal, mainly featuring Harbour Air and Kenmore Air who both operate scheduled services and in the case of Harbour Air pleasure flights as well - I and my better half indulged in the latter with a 45 minute flight over and around Vancouver Island, well it had to be done really. Some were taken from the dockside, some from the aircraft 'water to water' and I also got some as we went out on a whale watching trip

Here are a few pics of the floatplane activity around the harbour....

ImageC-FDOH (307) DHC.3T Turbine Otter Harbour Air, Victoria BC 27-09-2018 3964 by Andrew Goldsmith, on Flickr

ImageC-FHAJ (314) & G-FHJA (318) DHC.3T Turbine Otters and C-FGQH (604) DH.3 Twin Otter Harbour Air, Victoria BC 28-09-2018 4489 by Andrew Goldsmith, on Flickr

our aircraft:
ImageC-GOPP (305) DHC.3T Turbine Otter Harbour Air, Victoria BC 27-09-2018 4421 by Andrew Goldsmith, on Flickr

water to water....
ImageC-GQKN (606) DHC.6 Twin Otter Harbour Air, Victoria BC 28-09-2018 4505 by Andrew Goldsmith, on Flickr

manhandling a Beaver:
ImageN9009KA DHC.2 Beaver Kenmore Air, Victoria BC 27-09-2018 4400 by Andrew Goldsmith, on Flickr

ImageC-FDOH (307) DHC.3T Turbine Otter Harbour Air, Victoria BC 27-09-2018 3967 by Andrew Goldsmith, on Flickr

ImageN87KA DHC.3T Turbine Otter Kenmore Air, Victoria BC 27-09-2018 4424 by Andrew Goldsmith, on Flickr

tucked up for the night:
ImageC-FIUZ (306) DHC.3T Turbine Otter Harbour Air, Victoria BC 27-09-2018 4447 by Andrew Goldsmith, on Flickr

I also got numerous pics at Vancouver where the viewing is far easier from the waterfront if you're not going flying but have still to go through those.

there are a few more in my flickr album as well, thanks for looking
andy
Last edited by andygolfer on Fri 19 Oct 2018, 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
andygolfer

winner of Air-Britain photo competition 2019

ikarus

Re: Sitting on the dock of the bay...Victoria BC floatplanes

Post by ikarus »

Great photo's

Another bucket list location - thanks for posting

Big Eric

Post by Big Eric »

Wonderful photos Andy, I've already seen them on www.civilianaviation.co.uk with the other shots from your trip, that's a pretty decent forum you have there, so friendly too. :smile:

starbuck

Post by starbuck »

Went there a couple of years ago, amazing place. As well as the floatplanes using the mouth of the harbour for take off and landing you also have these little water taxis all over the place (you can see one on the left in the second to last picture) along with numerous whale watching boat trips coming in and going out, basically one big health and safety risk assessment nightmare but somehow it all just works. Thanks for posting.