Star Wars Canyon - 13-02-19

Aviation related video clips and links
Go4Long

Star Wars Canyon - 13-02-19

Post by Go4Long »

Experimenting with a new camera and video setup...still some tinkering to do.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1aug0Vv1Pg[/youtube]

Georgeconna

Re: Star Wars Canyon - 13-02-19

Post by Georgeconna »

I've watched a few of these during the week, Very spectacular but the videos are otherwise spoil by the machine gunner photographers blasting away at 30 shots a second...Why the feel the need to keep their finger on the button to take a shed loads of shots is beyond me. Are the Skills of actually taking a photograph extinct nowadays?
Cheers

George

Zero shows for 2018 Giving in a Rest.

D90Man

Post by D90Man »

Re machine gun photography:

No different from any other action based photographer - would you expect a sports journalist to rely on one shutter press to get the shot that is published?

Leon
"Sharpness is in the eye of the holder"
More at http://www.planephotos.org.uk

Go4Long

Post by Go4Long »

I'd like to think that I don't shoot TOOO many shots, but yeah...I think listening to any video from the FRIAT grandstands, or really any other airshow would probably tell you that it's the majority of people that shoot quite a few shots for any given pass.

D90Man

Post by D90Man »

Don't get me wrong...the price point for digital photography, long lenses and especially memory cards has made it much easier (and cheaper) for photographers to have a fire and forget approach (I include myself in that category) in the hope/expectation that you'll get at least one good shot, compared to those of us who used to use film (some still do!). Then, it really was a case of I've only got 10x36 rolls for the show (and I might have been one of the lucky ones to have that much), so I'll have to think carefully about how I use them.

Nevertheless, even sports photo-journalists would still be using a motor drive and fast continuous shooting to capture that all important shot - for them the cost of the film would be easily covered by the value of publication.

Leon
"Sharpness is in the eye of the holder"
More at http://www.planephotos.org.uk

Go4Long

Post by Go4Long »

I'm trying to decide if getting something like a Rode directional mic will eliminate some of the shutter noise issue. It's not exactly a big spend, so it might be worth giving it a go to try out.