September Air Show 2017

Re: September Air Show 2017

Postby Jumbo on Wed 02 Aug 2017, 4:06 pm

Legends arrived at 11:45, and there was only light traffic, and last year i got to the September show at 1:00 and yet again there was not much traffic. They seem to be pretty good at keeping the traffic moving at Duxford.
Jumbo

Postby tuska2 on Wed 02 Aug 2017, 4:25 pm

Unless you are trying to get out...
tuska2

Postby Gripenjetphotos on Sun 06 Aug 2017, 4:09 pm

Wow, lineup is looking great this year! I suddenly seem to be going this year with a gold membership thanks in no part to my close family, roll on Duxford! :yahoo:
Unofficially promoting the SAAB Gripen in Britain!
Instsagram- https://www.instagram.com/gripen_jet_photos/
Gripenjetphotos

Postby iainpeden on Wed 09 Aug 2017, 7:06 pm

B_Tank88 wrote:I may be giving this a shot, will be travelling from Leicester so will be a 2 hour journey but will try make it early. What is a good time to aim for reaching the venue to miss traffic? Will be my first Duxford visit.

The shuttle bus from Trumpington is worth getting if you can manage with not having a car to drag everything around. It saves on the parking charge and means you are out quickly. The issue from Leicester could be the A14 from Huntingdon as there are major roadworks at present.
iainpeden

Postby Jakub.Zurek on Sat 12 Aug 2017, 8:13 pm

I understand the tank bank is shut at Legends to allow a closer display line, so what is this show going to be like in comparison?
How was the May show this year in terms of the distance? Looking at people's pictures, it didn't seem too bad.

Thanks!
Jakub.Zurek

Postby Jumbo on Sat 12 Aug 2017, 10:16 pm

The tank bank is closed for all Duxford shows now, not just legends, so the last september show had the same display distance as Legends.
Jumbo

Postby hmeasures on Sun 13 Aug 2017, 9:03 pm

iainpeden wrote:
B_Tank88 wrote:I may be giving this a shot, will be travelling from Leicester so will be a 2 hour journey but will try make it early. What is a good time to aim for reaching the venue to miss traffic? Will be my first Duxford visit.

The shuttle bus from Trumpington is worth getting if you can manage with not having a car to drag everything around. It saves on the parking charge and means you are out quickly. The issue from Leicester could be the A14 from Huntingdon as there are major roadworks at present.

The A14 roadworks are really no bother, just a bit of 40mph average speed check that normally only adds about 5 minutes on the journey most weekends. Gets a bit snarled up weekdays but then, it is the A14 :lol: Just check make sure that it's not closed overnight as they have been doing that occasionally.
hmeasures

Previous

Return to IWM Duxford Events