Flying Legends 2019

Re: Flying Legends 2019

Postby Xray833 on Thu 07 Feb 2019, 8:24 pm

jasonT1981 wrote:Tickets themselves for May show were through the news letter subscriber presale part of the IWM website. The ticket section was done by 'Universe'

Interestingly the section has been removed from the website... So I hope my tickets are still valid :/ someone may have jumped the gun with putting the sales live.

Just tried to book but site kept saying " code does not exist"
Xray833

Postby jasonT1981 on Thu 07 Feb 2019, 8:30 pm

Xray833 wrote:
jasonT1981 wrote:Tickets themselves for May show were through the news letter subscriber presale part of the IWM website. The ticket section was done by 'Universe'

Interestingly the section has been removed from the website... So I hope my tickets are still valid :/ someone may have jumped the gun with putting the sales live.

Just tried to book but site kept saying " code does not exist"

Yeah, it wasn't meant to be public. Someone didn't tell google search which is where I found the link lol.
jasonT1981

Postby Mike on Thu 07 Feb 2019, 10:10 pm

I really don't understand this mad scramble to buy tickets even before they officially go on sale. There're the same price and give exactly the same access as ones bought in a couple of months' time, and there are likely to be plenty to go around.

It's Duxford, not Glastonbury, people!
Mike

Postby jasonT1981 on Thu 07 Feb 2019, 10:14 pm

Mike wrote:I really don't understand this mad scramble to buy tickets even before they officially go on sale. There're the same price and give exactly the same access as ones bought in a couple of months' time, and there are likely to be plenty to go around.

Not exactly true. There is 'Early Bird' tickets which are usually cheaper. Enclosures also sell out well before general admission tickets do.

Many also have to factor in flights & hotels to their costs so like to get them as soon as they are available. I always try to get mine as soon as they are on sale, more for my own peace of mind.
jasonT1981

Postby DaveBr on Fri 08 Feb 2019, 7:45 am

Mike wrote:I really don't understand this mad scramble to buy tickets even before they officially go on sale. There're the same price and give exactly the same access as ones bought in a couple of months' time, and there are likely to be plenty to go around.

It makes a change from the usual wailing about advance tickets only... :smile:
DaveBr

Previous

Return to IWM Duxford Events