Flying Legends 2019

Re: Flying Legends 2019

Postby Ryan. on Mon 13 May 2019, 8:49 am

County1884 wrote:On a side note has anyone got and idea when the CR42 is due to fly? It looks like it's been pretty much finished for ages now.


My guess would be quite some time. For an aircraft as rare as the CR-42 the paperwork for permission to fly isn't going to be easy to obtain. Only need look at the HAC's Fury and currently their DH-9 for other rare aircraft that have had rather long periods of time between near completion and flying, indeed the DH-9 is still yet to fly.

The fact it hasn't had an engine run at Duxford may mean there's internal work to complete first as well.

I'd like to be wrong but I dont see it flying for a while yet.
Ryan.

Re: Flying Legends 2019

Postby phreakf4 on Mon 13 May 2019, 2:42 pm

Ryan. wrote:
County1884 wrote:On a side note has anyone got and idea when the CR42 is due to fly? It looks like it's been pretty much finished for ages now.


My guess would be quite some time. For an aircraft as rare as the CR-42 the paperwork for permission to fly isn't going to be easy to obtain. Only need look at the HAC's Fury and currently their DH-9 for other rare aircraft that have had rather long periods of time between near completion and flying, indeed the DH-9 is still yet to fly.

The fact it hasn't had an engine run at Duxford may mean there's internal work to complete first as well.

I'd like to be wrong but I dont see it flying for a while yet.


When a friend and I visited Duxford late last year we were told by a TFC engineer that it was awaiting the fabrication/installation of a fuel tank and that as a result (as with almost all TFC projects) "It will be ready when it is ready".
nothing is confirmed at a show until it's u/c hits the tarmac or it's running in for it's display.....
User avatar
phreakf4

Re: Flying Legends 2019

Postby st24 on Mon 13 May 2019, 2:58 pm

Ryan. wrote:
County1884 wrote:On a side note has anyone got and idea when the CR42 is due to fly? It looks like it's been pretty much finished for ages now.


My guess would be quite some time. For an aircraft as rare as the CR-42 the paperwork for permission to fly isn't going to be easy to obtain. Only need look at the HAC's Fury and currently their DH-9 for other rare aircraft that have had rather long periods of time between near completion and flying, indeed the DH-9 is still yet to fly.

The fact it hasn't had an engine run at Duxford may mean there's internal work to complete first as well.

I'd like to be wrong but I dont see it for flying for a while yet.


Apparently the DH 9 was airborne this afternoon! My source isn't the best at aircraft recognition so it could have been a Spitfire.. :wink: :grin:
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!
User avatar
st24

Re: Flying Legends 2019

Postby Ryan. on Mon 13 May 2019, 3:59 pm

st24 wrote:
Ryan. wrote:
County1884 wrote:On a side note has anyone got and idea when the CR42 is due to fly? It looks like it's been pretty much finished for ages now.


My guess would be quite some time. For an aircraft as rare as the CR-42 the paperwork for permission to fly isn't going to be easy to obtain. Only need look at the HAC's Fury and currently their DH-9 for other rare aircraft that have had rather long periods of time between near completion and flying, indeed the DH-9 is still yet to fly.

The fact it hasn't had an engine run at Duxford may mean there's internal work to complete first as well.

I'd like to be wrong but I dont see it for flying for a while yet.


Apparently the DH 9 was airborne this afternoon! My source isn't the best at aircraft recognition so it could have been a Spitfire.. :wink: :grin:


Indeed. Was just about to change my post. :grin:
Ryan.

Re: Flying Legends 2019

Postby Tom105 on Tue 14 May 2019, 12:49 pm

T-20 sea fury G-INVN added
Thomas
Tom105

Re: Flying Legends 2019

Postby Mike on Tue 14 May 2019, 5:25 pm

I've not looked at the entire list, but it seems to me as though all of the announcements so far have been for Duxford residents.
Mike

Re: Flying Legends 2019

Postby classicaviation on Tue 14 May 2019, 7:23 pm

Mike wrote:I've not looked at the entire list, but it seems to me as though all of the announcements so far have been for Duxford residents.



More or less yeah. Nothing continental announced as yet.
Nikon 5200
Nikon 5300
Sigma 150-600mm
User avatar
classicaviation

Re: Flying Legends 2019

Postby Airshowhammer on Wed 15 May 2019, 5:07 pm

A pipe dream but one of my favourite wartime aircraft the C-46 Commando if she is still out and about in America.

Would love to see some more bombers added, B-25's please. and are there any A26 Invaders about?

Sorry, tad over enthusiastic first legends since I was about 7.
Airshowhammer

Re: Flying Legends 2019

Postby Jakub.Zurek on Wed 15 May 2019, 7:20 pm

I wonder what the chances are of the Russian IL-2 that was rumoured to be coming last year?

Let's just hope it's third time lucky for Berlin Express this year.
User avatar
Jakub.Zurek
UKAR Staff

Re: Flying Legends 2019

Postby classicaviation on Mon 20 May 2019, 3:24 pm

Jakub.Zurek wrote:I wonder what the chances are of the Russian IL-2 that was rumoured to be coming last year?


Every so often they rumour about themselves coming on Facebook posts, and they have done it again this time around. Whether it happens or not is another thing....
Nikon 5200
Nikon 5300
Sigma 150-600mm
User avatar
classicaviation

Previous

Return to IWM Duxford Events

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bedslanc, mark_aviation, Nwalch, prjf_210 and 18 guests