Duxford Autumn Air Show

Discuss airshows and other aviation events at the Imperial War Museum
EMarsh

Re: Duxford Autumn Air Show

Post by EMarsh »

Jimbo27 wrote:
EMarsh wrote: Glad to hear Al Pinner's warbird flying days aren't behind him - also interesting to hear the plans to get all the BBMF fighters to Duxford's May show next year to kick off the Battle of Britain celebrations.

It would be good to see Sqn Ldr Pinner in "another life". :smile: Did they announce where he will be?

No - he was interviewed before the show and hinted that his warbird flying days are far from other. :biggrin:

I'm sure all will come clear soon enough!

jetwash

Post by jetwash »

Thumper wrote:WOW :shock:

I nearly missed it as I was chatting to Jetwash when he quietly said "the Sabres on the runway" so I had to RUN back to the crowdline to grab my video camera :oops: The Sabre display was awesome, smokey, loud and aerobatic, so so happy she was fixed in time!
:wink:

Lol

That was so funny...my Dad was like "whats that on the runway?"

"oh its the Sabre"

Thumper "I will be back in a few minutes!" lol
Over enthusiastic aviation enthusiast!

Thumper
UKAR Supporter

Post by Thumper »

Huw, do you have curly dark hair? I saw someone wit a shiny new leather jacket eyeballing me, I was about to wolf whistle :grin: I was having a tea break then, needed somewhere sheltered to shovvel the debris out of my camera :shock:

LOL nice EMarsh, one of them dodgy knocking beds nextdoor was it? :lol:

Boghopper Mk 11a

Post by Boghopper Mk 11a »

Quote EMarsh Re: Duxford Autumn Air Show
by EMarsh on Mon 12 Oct 2009, 3:12 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:
EMarsh wrote:
Glad to hear Al Pinner's warbird flying days aren't behind him - also interesting to hear the plans to get all the BBMF fighters to Duxford's May show next year to kick off the Battle of Britain celebrations.

It would be good to see Sqn Ldr Pinner in "another life". Did they announce where he will be?

No - he was interviewed before the show and hinted that his warbird flying days are far from other.

I'm sure all will come clear soon enough!

God help us :ninja:

HuwJHopkins

Post by HuwJHopkins »

Thumper wrote:Huw, do you have curly dark hair? I saw someone wit a shiny new leather jacket eyeballing me, I was about to wolf whistle :grin: I was having a tea break then, needed somewhere sheltered to shovvel the debris out of my camera :shock:

LOL nice EMarsh, one of them dodgy knocking beds nextdoor was it? :lol:

I do indeed, and I did not mean to be rude, but I didn't know why I recognised you until about 10 minutes later!

Thumper
UKAR Supporter

Post by Thumper »

:grin: Well I shall remember you for the next airshow we are both at now! Nice jacket though, very smart! :biggrin:

aceyone

Post by aceyone »

Thumper wrote::grin: Well I shall remember you for the next airshow we are both at now! Nice jacket though, very smart! :biggrin:

So when's the big day then Thumps ? :whistle:
Don't know about those jets ,they spoil a very nice place

Thumper
UKAR Supporter

Post by Thumper »

:lol: I don't go to airshows for just the planes you know, plenty of fine young men to oggle at too :oops:

jimbob1194

Post by jimbob1194 »

Pen Pusher wrote:Any one else see 'Father Christmas' in the Tiger Moth? :roll:

Bad enough in the shops, let alone an air show. :biggrin:
Brian

yes when i was in the FOD enclosure i saw him :grin:
Perhaps he is thinking on taking the old Tiger Moth for this years christmas eve rounds :grin: :biggrin:

James
The Mustang won't do what a Spitfire does, but it does it over Berlin.

Finningley Boy

Post by Finningley Boy »

Did anyone else clock the old cove in the war time Luftwaffe General's uniform? He's been at Duxford a few times before, I thought he was apart of some period exhibition or something? But on Sunday, I'm sure I saw him buy a ticket at one of the booth's outside the old Officer's Mess!? :question:

FB
I have danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings!

Thumper
UKAR Supporter

Post by Thumper »

You mean this dude? :lol: :grin:

I got him on my video as well, he was walking along the tank bank when the T-28's were displaying.

Finningley Boy

Post by Finningley Boy »

Jah Wohl Thumper Das ist der dude! He's always there, seems a nice chap. I don't know if he's modelling himself on Hugo Sperrle or Albert Kesselring or whoever? :biggrin: Mind you he does look quite the part! :smile:

FB

Thumper
UKAR Supporter

Post by Thumper »

I think you're right with Albert Kesselring, he doesn't have Hugo's monocle :grin:

Very nice chap though, was happy to pose infront of the F-15 so I could take a photo, then another man wanted a photo and "Albert" posed with the mans son for a pic, nice guy and the uniform was really good, even though he's wearing rubber horse riding boots :biggrin:

jimbob1194

Post by jimbob1194 »

Thumper wrote:You mean this dude? :lol: :grin:

I got him on my video as well, he was walking along the tank bank when the T-28's were displaying.

Yep he's a member of the Friends of Duxford. Can't remember the name of him, but he is a smashing chap :biggrin: It's funny how he's there and then he's just gone lol :grin:

James
The Mustang won't do what a Spitfire does, but it does it over Berlin.

Finningley Boy

Post by Finningley Boy »

I do recall reading somewhere that if World War II was judged on turn out and presentation alone, then the Germans would have won hands down! Eek!! :biggrin:

FB

PhilW

Post by PhilW »

Pen Pusher wrote:Any one else see 'Father Christmas' in the Tiger Moth? :roll:
Brian

http://forums.airshows.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16800

I don't think it was the real Father Christmas, unless he's yet to fatten himself up for Christmas. :biggrin:

duxfordhawk

Post by duxfordhawk »

A really great show in less than ideal conditions.
It was lovely to see the Cosmic Wind fly again and the Hawk/Spitfire flypast was really special, It was a real treat to see Matt Barker bring the hawk so close to the fence at the M11 end when he taxied back, If you are reading mark I was the one with the cheesy grin on the corner when you went by.
The Belgian F-16 was a really good performance, It was nice to have the Rapide and Anson pairing and Anna walker and Caroline |Grace in Hurricane and Spitfire respectively.

The OFMC pair has been amazing everywhere I have seen it with both sets of pilots that flew the routine and the Autumn show was no different.

A great end to what has been a really good season, Thanks to all involved.
Martin
To see my Photos go to
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dxhawk/