Duxford Autumn Air Show

Discuss airshows and other aviation events at the Imperial War Museum
Thumper
UKAR Supporter

Re: Duxford Autumn Air Show

Post by Thumper »

Is there any way of finding out? I phoned up Mildenhall and they didn't want to tell me if the F-16 will be there or if it will be doing a practise (obvious really, can't blame them!) :oops: Could Notams be of any use for this? Sorry I know FA about spotting :biggrin:

DamienB

Post by DamienB »

He won't practice over Mildenhall - might do so over Duxford.

EMarsh

Post by EMarsh »

F16 practiced over Duxford on the Saturday of the 2007 show (including rehearsing the Heritage Flight formation) and the Thursday or Friday before the show last year.

The Friends of DX people at the front desk knew the timings for the practice in 2007, I'll ask them when I arrive on Saturday and post timings if they have them.

Chrisse

Post by Chrisse »

Also useful to know Mitch tends to practice using the spare aircraft if it is serviceable, not the display bird.

Lomcevak26

Post by Lomcevak26 »

Long-range Met Office weather forecast for Sunday suggests it will be bright and warm. :cool:

Note:

- Appreciate its still early days!
- Pinch of salt at the ready!
- Still prepared for the worst!

EMarsh

Post by EMarsh »

Lomcevak26 wrote:Long-range Met Office weather forecast for Sunday suggests it will be bright and warm. :cool:

Note:

- Appreciate its still early days!
- Pinch of salt at the ready!
- Still prepared for the worst!

Would be nice to end the season on a vaguely warm note, particularly after last year's freezathon. Saying that, it'll probably snow.

I'll have my Russian cap ready just in case, as seen in the fetching photo below...

Good times. (not sure what I was thinking with the facial fuzz, but what can I say? I blame the introduction of the Points Based System a few weeks later (work in immigration, see)). :grin:

Also note from Flightline UK that the Redhawk has been added. :smile:

Lomcevak26

Post by Lomcevak26 »

EMarsh wrote:Also note from Flightline UK that the Redhawk has been added. :smile:

Alright! :biggrin:

jimbob1194

Post by jimbob1194 »

What ever happend to the King Air???
TBH I am actually looking forward to this display. My two highlights are going to be the F16 & The Sea Hawk :drool: . Fingers cross for a beautiful Autumn's day, with lovely sunshine

James
The Mustang won't do what a Spitfire does, but it does it over Berlin.

jetwash

Post by jetwash »

I was really looking forward to the King Air...... :sad:
Over enthusiastic aviation enthusiast!

seahawk67

Post by seahawk67 »

had e-mail from pilot leon had to Cancelled his display he said sorry guys lets hope to see more from him next year

andy

Thumper
UKAR Supporter

Post by Thumper »

Whats a redhawk?

Who's Leon, what does he fly... looking at your username I am desperately hoping thats not the Seahawk out :sad:

Nice headgear EMarsh :grin: I am bringing an umbrella for sure, haven't decided whether I should take the kayak or the snow chains yet, looking at whats hitting Milton Keynes at the minute the kayak might be a good option.

Definately gonna be at Dux on the Saturday now seeing as theres a slim chance the F-16 might put in an appearance. I have told my mate if he is not in MK by 10am Saturday then I am going without him. He has 45 miles to travel and was 9 hours late for RIAT on the Saturday, SO NOT happening again! Plus seeing as he has the navigational skills of a goldfish I may well be on my own :grin:

jimbob1194

Post by jimbob1194 »

Thumper wrote:Whats a redhawk?

Who's Leon, what does he fly... looking at your username I am desperately hoping thats not the Seahawk out :sad:

Nice headgear EMarsh :grin: I am bringing an umbrella for sure, haven't decided whether I should take the kayak or the snow chains yet, looking at whats hitting Milton Keynes at the minute the kayak might be a good option.

Definately gonna be at Dux on the Saturday now seeing as theres a slim chance the F-16 might put in an appearance. I have told my mate if he is not in MK by 10am Saturday then I am going without him. He has 45 miles to travel and was 9 hours late for RIAT on the Saturday, SO NOT happening again! Plus seeing as he has the navigational skills of a goldfish I may well be on my own :grin:

Its alright Thumper. Leon is one of the two King Air pilots, the other being Chris Enright :biggrin: . Shame they can't be there i was looking forward to it :sad:
Still the Sea Hawk is still confirmed :yahoo: :rock:
James
The Mustang won't do what a Spitfire does, but it does it over Berlin.

phreakf4

Post by phreakf4 »

Thumper wrote:...What's a Redhawk.....

This.

Surprisingly aerobatic for such an aircraft.
nothing is confirmed at a show until its u/c hits the tarmac or it is running in for its display.....

Finningley Boy

Post by Finningley Boy »

Oh so wish Foxy was coming. :sad: I believe she was last at Duxford for the Autumn 2001 show.

Does anyone know what's happening with Matt Whitfield by the way? Last heard he was doing ok :smile:

FB
I have danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings!

Thumper
UKAR Supporter

Post by Thumper »

Thanks Jimbob and Phreak, phew glad the Sea Hawk is still on the list (for now). Shame about the King Air though.

MrAngry2

Post by MrAngry2 »

That Redhawk gave a fantastic display at Old Warden, those of you going on Sunday should enjoy it.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/richardjudge/

Biggin Hill international cheese fair 2011 (TBC)

garethbrum

Post by garethbrum »

Finningley Boy wrote:Oh so wish Foxy was coming. :sad: I believe she was last at Duxford for the Autumn 2001 show.

Does anyone know what's happening with Matt Whitfield by the way? Last heard he was doing ok :smile:

FB

Heard from him yesterday and he seemed in good form.

MrAngry2

Post by MrAngry2 »

garethbrum wrote:
Heard from him yesterday and he seemed in good form.

Fantastic news :clap:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/richardjudge/

Biggin Hill international cheese fair 2011 (TBC)

garethbrum

Post by garethbrum »

Thumper wrote:Thanks Jimbob and Phreak, phew glad the Sea Hawk is still on the list (for now). Shame about the King Air though.

Sea Hawk remains stranded at Liverpool Airport I'm afraid. She won't be serviceable until next week at the earliest.

EMarsh

Post by EMarsh »

garethbrum wrote:
Thumper wrote:Thanks Jimbob and Phreak, phew glad the Sea Hawk is still on the list (for now). Shame about the King Air though.

Sea Hawk remains stranded at Liverpool Airport I'm afraid. She won't be serviceable until next week at the earliest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MLry6Cn_D4

:sad:

Lomcevak26

Post by Lomcevak26 »

:grin:

I share your sentiments...

StevenH

Post by StevenH »

Blimey, serviceability really is a huge problem with the RNHF isn't it!

NeilH68

Post by NeilH68 »

That`s a shame...they`ve not had much luck this year.

duxfordhawk

Post by duxfordhawk »

StevenH wrote:Blimey, serviceability really is a huge problem with the RNHF isn't it!

They have had a tough time of late for sure, Lets hope 2010 will be a kinder year for them.
I really was hoping to see the Seahawk at Duxford as she is a beauty, I wonder if she can be replaced for the Autumn show by another classic jet such as a certain wonderful Vampire T11 or maybe AirAtlanique's Venom or Meteor. Shame that both the Sabre and Seahawk are unservicable.

I will be going along either way as I need my Airshow fix before winter comes along, The weather looks like it will be clear at the moment too.
So heres to a safe end to 2009 and roll on 2010.
Martin
To see my Photos go to
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dxhawk/

adam

Post by adam »

Really wondering if i should bother going to this now, the only thing worth going for now is the f-16 which i would gladly pay 25 quid to see, hopefully they can get a replacement for the seahawk a nice cold war jet would be great to see!! lets hope for a few additions before sunday :roll: