Peelie

Legends 2010

Post by Peelie »

Anything special new this year :smile: or is it a 2009 rerun? :sad:
Peelie

Red Dragon

Re: Legends 2010

Post by Red Dragon »

Peelie wrote:Anything special new this year :smile: or is it a 2009 rerun? :sad:
Peelie

If it was a re-run of 2009, I'd be happy. 1 x Fw-190 flying, 3 B-25's in formation 3 x Yaks numerous Spits & Mustangs.

2010 can only be better with the 70th anniversary of the Battle of Britain scramble

Peelie

Post by Peelie »

Yes Red Dragon last year was great but for £30 I expect more than just a repeat and a BB scramble.
Peelie

Boghopper Mk 11a

Post by Boghopper Mk 11a »

We must remember to drag out the P-61 Blackwidow onto the flightline this year as we forgot in 09, and remember to pre-flight the DH Hornet :cuppa:

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher »

So the Twin Mustang wont be ready then? :biggrin:

Brian
The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DfG on Facebook
BAMPhotography on Facebook

MrAngry2

Post by MrAngry2 »

Already seen the Hornet in Hanger 2, with a 'coming to an airshow near you soon' note :grin:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/richardjudge/

Biggin Hill international cheese fair 2011 (TBC)

Rob Leigh

Post by Rob Leigh »

It doesn't really matter what the headline act is, I'll be there as usual - it's Legends after all and the show is much more than any headline act. Irrespective of what's flying it's the biggest and best warbird show in Europe that's the culmination of a great deal of hard work throughout the year by the organisations that contribute to the show.

jimbob1194

Post by jimbob1194 »

Three days of the year I really look forward too, no matter what the line up is!! TFC, and the IWM always put on a cracker!!! :rock: :clap:

James
The Mustang won't do what a Spitfire does, but it does it over Berlin.

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher »

I know what type of air show Fairford is going to be without knowing what is going to be there and as it's not my cup of tea, I'm not going.

I know what type of air show Legends is going to be without knowing what's going to be there, and I will be there, unless I can get my Jury service, what horrible pink paper they use, deferred to a later date. :whistle:

Brian
The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DfG on Facebook
BAMPhotography on Facebook

Boghopper Mk 11a

Post by Boghopper Mk 11a »

Brian

You must have been looking towards your feet during legends last year as the twin mustang was parked on the flightline. Funny thing is, nobody took a single shot of it the whole time it was outside, so after the show we assumed the machine did'nt pull all the right strings with the punters so we broke it up and weighed it in for scrap.............best thing for it, who wants a tie-fighter 51 anyway :hypno:

b25

Post by b25 »

Every Legends is special because for the other 363 days of the year you won't see anything like it anywhere in the world......think on in the future.

Monty

Post by Monty »

Am helping out on the flightline walk with the squadron again this year, cant wait :yahoo:
Canon EOS 50D
Canon 18-55mm IS
Canon 70-300mm IS USM F-4.0/5.6

1094 (Ely) Sqn ATC

RodMcKenzie

Post by RodMcKenzie »

Legends weekend is burned into my calendar - the only non-negotiable dates of the year. The idea of missing one is unthinkable. And yeah, I'd happily take a repeat of last year's 'Yak attack'.
Destiny, Harmony, Melody, Rhapsody & Symphony

jimbob1194

Post by jimbob1194 »

Mattster256

Post by Mattster256 »

I couldnt read that link, it was all in French. But, i do know from my cousin that as, im sure the link states, the French Flug Werk FW-190 had an unfortunate accident On either Friday the 11th of June or Saturday the 12th of June, the piolet of the aircraft came under difficulties and, regretably had to ditch the aircraft in the sea in Hyrenes. Thankfully the piolet is ok and swam to shore, but the aircraft is apparently very badly damaged at the bottom of the sea. They will most probably retrieve it, but whether it will fly again is quetionable :(. Thanks for the update on that by the way E :). That therefore means that there will obviously be no FW-190 at Ledgends, unless the 190 that was based at DX is able to come over and fly, but who knows.

On a slightly different topic, has anyone got any news on the TFC's aircraft and whether they will be good 2 fly at legends???
Live life to the full and never look back.

jimbob1194

Post by jimbob1194 »

Mattster256 wrote:I couldnt read that link, it was all in French. But, i do know from my cousin that as, im sure the link states, the French Flug Werk FW-190 had an unfortunate accident On either Friday the 11th of June or Saturday the 12th of June, the piolet of the aircraft came under difficulties and, regretably had to ditch the aircraft in the sea in Hyrenes. Thankfully the piolet is ok and swam to shore, but the aircraft is apparently very badly damaged at the bottom of the sea. They will most probably retrieve it, but whether it will fly again is quetionable :(. Thanks for the update on that by the way E :). That therefore means that there will obviously be no FW-190 at Ledgends, unless the 190 that was based at DX is able to come over and fly, but who knows.

Oh sorry about the French, should've thought of that when posting :facepalm:
As for the engine failure it occured on the 12th I believe. Very sad news indeed.

James

EMarsh

Post by EMarsh »

Mattster256 wrote:I couldnt read that link, it was all in French. But, i do know from my cousin that as, im sure the link states, the French Flug Werk FW-190 had an unfortunate accident On either Friday the 11th of June or Saturday the 12th of June, the piolet of the aircraft came under difficulties and, regretably had to ditch the aircraft in the sea in Hyrenes. Thankfully the piolet is ok and swam to shore, but the aircraft is apparently very badly damaged at the bottom of the sea. They will most probably retrieve it, but whether it will fly again is quetionable :(. Thanks for the update on that by the way E :). That therefore means that there will obviously be no FW-190 at Ledgends, unless the 190 that was based at DX is able to come over and fly, but who knows.

On a slightly different topic, has anyone got any news on the TFC's aircraft and whether they will be good 2 fly at legends???

In addition to the Sea Fury and Mustang, the Spitfire V (and Harvard, though that never appears at Legends) have flown, so you should see them there, taking into account the usual airshow caveats. They're working through it and there's a chance more may fly before the show, I suppose. Think the Hawk 75 is next, but I may be wrong. Usually am!

jimbob1194

Post by jimbob1194 »

Elliot, may I ask you where abouts you got the following information that more of TFC's fleet maybe flying before Legends, and that the Hawk 75 maybe next?? TFC are gradually getting there :clap: :worship: :cuppa:

James

EMarsh

Post by EMarsh »

Sure - someone pointed out to me that G-INFO shows that the Hawk 75's permit to fly has been applied for and it states that should be processed around the end of June. One can hope.

I think it's just a good sign that EP120 and the Harvard are flying again.

Andyph

Post by Andyph »

Has the Duxford based FW-190 gone?

EMarsh

Post by EMarsh »

It has - now in Germany, under the Meier Motors blanket at Bremgarten last I heard.

MrAngry2

Post by MrAngry2 »

One of two they have if im not mistaken.

Mattster256

Post by Mattster256 »

Dont worry about it james lol, at least it made for an interesting read :). And thanks for the exact date as well :).

Does anyone know whether the ex DX based 190 is gonna make appearences over here, and whether it has flown in Germany?
Live life to the full and never look back.

MrAngry2

Post by MrAngry2 »

Stripped at the moment I think.

Have a look here and you can see it with what actually looks like 2 other 190's!

http://www.meiermotors.com/index.php?option=com_phocagallery&view=category&id=26&lang=de

EMarsh

Post by EMarsh »

Would you look at that bare metal Yak 11! :drool: :shock: