Flight Line Walk

Discuss airshows and other aviation events at the Imperial War Museum
canberra

Flight Line Walk

Post by canberra »

Hi

Hoping to attend my first Duxford airshow for the BoB displays on Sepember 4th/5th. I've heard about the availability of a flight line walk where presumably its possible to get photos of the flying display aircraft close up. Does anyone know if this will be available for the BoB events, whether you need to pre-book, times, costs and anything else that's relevant.

Thanks in anticipation.

Mark

EMarsh

Re: Flight Line Walk

Post by EMarsh »

Cost will probably be £4 and it should be open between 9am and 12pm (press get booted off, or abandoned by their guides, at 12). You don't need to pre-book, just turn up on the day!

They allow you reasonably close to the aircraft, but it isn't a patch on the free access you get at places like Old Warden and Shoreham where the aircraft are parked along the crowd barriers, IMO.

RodMcKenzie

Post by RodMcKenzie »

Yeah, the Flightline Walk is a bit of a rip these days, if you ask me. Fortunately, at Legends I don't have to pay! :whistle:
Destiny, Harmony, Melody, Rhapsody & Symphony

canberra

Post by canberra »

Thanks chaps for the swift replies.

Regards

Mark

Medwayboy

Post by Medwayboy »

Is there a particular place to go for it as this is my first time at Duxford :clap:

PhilW

Post by PhilW »

It's towards the M11 end of the airfield (not at the far end) and fairly obvious. You can't really miss it.

RodMcKenzie

Post by RodMcKenzie »

The access point is usually located roughly opposite hangar 2, just to the left of the big marquee that's set up on show days - you should be handed a map on the way in, otherwise just look where people are queueing up!
Destiny, Harmony, Melody, Rhapsody & Symphony

neilos

Post by neilos »

And either join the queue early, or wait till bout 9.30-10am until it's gone down a bit.

The re-inactors (sp) make for good photo oppos too. I would imagine that they'll be there, as per Leg-ends.

patrouille2001

Post by patrouille2001 »

Flight line walk on saturday might not be open for long as the Reds are displaying around 12 30,

Paul :smile:

wv383

Post by wv383 »

patrouille2001 wrote:Flight line walk on saturday might not be open for long as the Reds are displaying around 12 30,

Paul :smile:

Opens at 9am and will be cleared by 12
Simon