11 year old boy's lost camera's

Discuss airshows and other aviation events at the Imperial War Museum
Messers Schmidt

11 year old boy's lost camera's

Post by Messers Schmidt »

I dont know if this is the right place to post this but my 11 year old boy accidently left his camera and my video camcorder in the toilets at the Land Warfare Centre. Although he realised within a minute they were gone on his return. They were in a small black camera bag. I am probably clutching at straws as I dont think many people nowadays would hand anything like this in, but he is gutted and very upset. I have not told him off as I think he has punished himself enough over it. He was more worried about losing the footage of Sally B he had just filmed and a VC10 taking of from Coningsby than anything else! Tears flooded for quite a while after. I have gone through Duxford but will have to wait on a reply. Unfortunately for my boy I am in no position to replace these items at present, Legends was our one and only airshow treat this season! Thank you in advance for any help on this matter.
:sad:
G

Johnhill

Re: 11 year old boy's lost camera's

Post by Johnhill »

Wasn't there today, but good luck hope you get it back.

dodger

Post by dodger »

Do you know a chap by the name of Mr S Mudford ?

Messers Schmidt

dodger wrote:Do you know a chap by the name of Mr S Mudford ?

I think I may just know the man in question!

dodger

Post by dodger »

If you are Mr J****n and you dont have any luck finding your sons camera give me a pm id be more than willing to donate some cash towards a new one for him, it wouldnt be much say £50 but id be more than willing to help

Messers Schmidt

dodger wrote:If you are Mr J****n and you dont have any luck finding your sons camera give me a pm id be more than willing to donate some cash towards a new one for him, it wouldnt be much say £50 but id be more than willing to help

Mr J i am! and I thank you for your offer, will let you know if I get anything back from Duxford Mr Dodger!

dodger

Post by dodger »

I had a feeling you knew him and his wife

Regarding you items you never know maybe someone found them and handed them in, we are all in this hobby together after all

But if not and my offer would help you please feel free to pm me

Gonzo230

Post by Gonzo230 »

Have been a lurker here for years, but thought I'd register to post here.

MS, PM me if you cannot recover the camera, I'll contribute too. I remember saving up for two years to buy my first camera as a boy, and I also remember how upset I was when I lost it after only a few months.

cw318is

Post by cw318is »

He must be gutted, I remember when I was 11 leaving my new 35mm Minolta at the top of Snowdon :sad:

What was make/model of camera and camcorder?
DamienB wrote:Airshows aren't just about sunlit topsides chaps.

HOLTY

Post by HOLTY »

DanO1978 wrote:A heartwarming thread, and one which illustrates why UKAR, and more importantly UKARians, is the best...

Think it says a lot about human nature not UKAR. Had this been on any other forum i'm sure someone would have made the same generous offer. Indeed if i had some spare cash i'd help the lad out too, but unfortunately i'm soon to be made redundant and just can't do it..

Messers Schmidt

cw318is wrote:He must be gutted, I remember when I was 11 leaving my new 35mm Minolta at the top of Snowdon :sad:

What was make/model of camera and camcorder?

His compact digi cam was a Fuji mid range point and shoot which was easy for him to use with good results, I do not know which model, the vid cam was a panasonic hd handi cam which was rarely used really except by my son!

Messers Schmidt

Gentlemen I am quite humbled by the offers some people have made on here and very gratefull to you for that. My intention of posting on here was to see if anyone in the UKAR community knew anything or had handed it in, far from attracting offers of contributions. Those that know me on here probably would know of my families situation and understand why I am not in a position to replace them. Without going into detail berevement is the quick answer, if you wish to know more then pm me. Despite an e-mail sent on Sunday I have not yet heard anything from Duxford so a call is on the cards for tomorrow, I sincerely hope that they have been handed in. I am truely taken aback by the offers on here and polite comments, my faith that there are still some decent people around has been restored! Dodger I was speaking to Si about this post and we are inquisitve to who you are! Did you get my pm?

Kind regards

G

dodger

Post by dodger »

Hi G,

Sorry ive been away on holiday the past few days so only just seen your post

Yeah again sorry to be so secretive but these buggers keep banning me from this forum (this will probably be my last post) :surrender:

I do alot of local sports photography and im the clubs official photographer where Si's wife and son play and they have purchased quite afew images from me
In fact Si used one of my Typhoon photos has his cover photo on facebook and it has my name in the bottom left hand side

Has soon as i saw you was a friend of Si's i just wanted to offer some kind of help and if it would help in anyway my offer still stands

ps no PM this end

Dragon Rapide

Post by Dragon Rapide »

HOLTY wrote:
DanO1978 wrote:A heartwarming thread, and one which illustrates why UKAR, and more importantly UKARians, is the best...

Think it says a lot about human nature not UKAR. Had this been on any other forum i'm sure someone would have made the same generous offer. Indeed if i had some spare cash i'd help the lad out too, but unfortunately i'm soon to be made redundant and just can't do it..

I wholeheartedly agree but it is so depressing that the other side of the coin is exemplified by the fact someone has taken it and not handed it in. Those miserable individuals also exist and cast a cloud over the generosity and kindness of the majority.

It could have been my grandson so I can picture the scene clearly. You'll have a PM from me too.
Listen to that Gipsy music.....

Dragon Rapide

Messers Schmidt

Dear all

Thank you to those that offered to fund a replacement camera for my boy, I am very humbled by the support you have all given. However some one out there in this community has donated a camera to replace his stolen one, so it is with polite thanks that I must decline all offers now and express my gratitude to the person on here. He has asked to remain anonomous, so I wiill respect that. I have promised that when my boy takes some pictures I will post them on here. You have all shown that there is still some good people about and I commend you for that. A very big thank you to all. Incidently after being in contact with Duxford regularly over the last week, there are lost camera's there but not my boys ones!

Kind regards

G

:clap:

lynothehammer

Post by lynothehammer »

Amazing thread, glad there's a happy ending to it all... :clap:

flygirl

Post by flygirl »

Fantastic news. :smile: :smile:
We're not lost. We're locationally challenged. http://planemadanna.blogspot.com/