Getting to the Spring Airshow

Discuss airshows and other aviation events at the Imperial War Museum
Tommy
UKAR Staff

Getting to the Spring Airshow

Post by Tommy »

Hi all,

I'm pretty sure someone has posted the info before but I can't find it.

Does anyone know if the free shuttle buses are running from Cambridge for the Spring Airshow this year?

Frustratingly enough there is no train from Leicester to Cambridge on that day until at least midday. So I'm looking at taking a train down to London and then back up to Cambridge. :wall:

If anyone knows of a better route please let me know!

Pen Pusher

Re: Getting to the Spring Airshow

Post by Pen Pusher »

From Dx web site
A free courtesy bus runs from Cambridge to IWM Duxford on Air Show days. The bus departs at regular intervals from Cambridge Railway Station and Trumpington Park & Ride at Junction 11 of the M11 from 8.30am and then every 30 minutes until approximately 1.30pm. Buses will return to both Cambridge railway station and to the Park & Ride at regular intervals from 3pm and then every 30 minutes, with the last bus leaving IWM Duxford at 6.30pm. Timings of buses may be affected by local road traffic congestion.

If you are getting the Greater Anglia train from London Liverpool Street to Cambridge, see if it stops at Whittlesford Parkway and it's a 30 minute walk to the airfield from there. :whistle:

Brian
The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DfG on Facebook
BAMPhotography on Facebook

itfcscott
UKAR Staff

Post by itfcscott »

Believe I read on a Greater Anglia poster that all trains that day are only from Stratford as Luverpool Street is shut. So may be better off from Kings Cross then bus from Cambridge.

Tommy
UKAR Staff

Post by Tommy »

Thanks for the info guys,

I did try the Dx website but I must have missed it.

I might just get the train home to Welshpool for a few days and just drive to Duxford. Seems a lot simpler... I'll have a look at Greater Anglia. I think the train from Leicester stops in St. Pancras so I'll have to hop along to Kings Cross... Oh fun... :cuppa: :cuppa:

Flare Path

Post by Flare Path »

The flying display doesn't start until 2pm; If that gives you more scope to look for alternate routes.