Date clashes

Discuss airshows and other aviation events at the Imperial War Museum
tankbuster

Date clashes

Post by tankbuster »

Am I imagining it or did Legends revise their planned date to avoid a clash a few years ago Is everybody convinced that the date set for next year is set in concrete? It’s a very busy few days and attendance must suffer when RIAT, Legends and Farnborough are all on top of each other.

If I want to buy Earliybird RIAT tickets, I need my plans sorted now
Trevor C
recent and not so recent pictures here https://trevorc28a.wixsite.com/trevspics

Rule 27

Re: Date clashes

Post by Rule 27 »

tankbuster wrote:If I want to buy Earliybird RIAT tickets, I need my plans sorted now

Plan then, rather than worry.

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher »

Don't forget it's RIAT that have changed their dates to coincide with Farnborough, not Legends.

Brian
The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DfG on Facebook
BAMPhotography on Facebook

tankbuster

Post by tankbuster »

Pen Pusher wrote:Don't forget it's RIAT that have changed their dates to coincide with Farnborough, not Legends.

Brian

Yes I'm not blaming Legends. I just think it's a shame that any of them may dip out on a lot of income, just because of the impracticalities and the cost. Of course the weather is probably much more influential then any of these factors.
Trevor C
recent and not so recent pictures here https://trevorc28a.wixsite.com/trevspics

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher »

They have clashed before and not been a problem and I believe on one occasion RIAT got rained off so it was a mad dash to Legends on the Sunday. :biggrin:

Brian
The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DfG on Facebook
BAMPhotography on Facebook

jimbob1194

Post by jimbob1194 »

That was 2008. The coaches that flooded to Legends! :shock:
The Mustang won't do what a Spitfire does, but it does it over Berlin.

darkman

Post by darkman »

The clash suits me as it allows me to do both in one short trip. Otherwise I would only be able to do one

Young Pete

Post by Young Pete »

darkman wrote:The clash suits me as it allows me to do both in one short trip. Otherwise I would only be able to do one

Same here: hole up in a Swindon hotel for Thursday and Friday night for Friday at RIAT; back home Saturday morning for Saturday at Legends!

darkman

Post by darkman »

My plan is
Friday at Cosford or riat(can't decide)
Saturday at riat
Sunday at legends
Monday at Lakenheath for a bit then hendon or shuttleworth then home

The Dudster

Post by The Dudster »

after consulting the little lady and suffering pursed lips its
Friday Pre Legends Duxford
Saturday Hampton court apparently its something to do with garden DIY !
Sunday Legends this will be the new little lady's first air show mmmmmmm will it be a good or bad experience :sweat:

nacl1

Post by nacl1 »

Have just come across your post, and have to say I think your reference to your wife as a "little lady" is very brave (as they say in "Yes, Minister"). If i had done that, I would currently be engaged in extracting my 100-400mm zoom lens from a very painful place!

The Dudster

Post by The Dudster »

nacl1 wrote:Have just come across your post, and have to say I think your reference to your wife as a "little lady" is very brave (as they say in "Yes, Minister"). If i had done that, I would currently be engaged in extracting my 100-400mm zoom lens from a very painful place!

Im just about allowed to get away with it because A she is 4'-9" :wink: and B doesn't know about this forum or topic yet :ninja: as i said Legends will be her first ever air show , managed to get her to Duxford one Saturday in October last year nothing flying with an overcast grey day typical.. :sad:

As for comments about clashes 2008 was when Liberty Belle was over and if i can remember didn't it come over the PA system about midday'ish that they had stopped admissions due to all car parks being full or did i just Imagen it ?