Duxford D-Day Anniversary show

Discuss airshows and other aviation events at the Imperial War Museum
tommo999

Re: Duxford D-Day Anniversary show

Post by tommo999 »

FTS wrote:Daks were great to see (bar L4 trying to stop in the tank bank on Saturday)

13:10 onwards in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDnIKSKf0gQ

FTS

Post by FTS »

I got sent that video on Facebook this afternoon. Looks more tame in the video than how I remember it :lol:
facebook.com/shgpmedia
instagram.com/shgphotography86/
Youtube - SHGP Media

Hasboman

Post by Hasboman »

tommo999 wrote:
FTS wrote:Daks were great to see (bar L4 trying to stop in the tank bank on Saturday)

Brakes a little sticky Sir? :grin:

Petedcollins

Post by Petedcollins »

Hasboman wrote:
tommo999 wrote:

Brakes a little sticky Sir? :grin:

Nah the grass was slippery after the rain in the morning, so there was a lack of traction

Pete

JBartlett

Post by JBartlett »

tommo999 wrote:

I saw that as I was near the Land Warfare entrance I thought he was going to power up at first and then do a go around, I guess he was speaking to the tower afterwards as it seem to sit there for a bit, As you can tell I went Saturday glad everything displayed apart from the Spit Typhoon flypast and it only showered once during the flying. One thing I did enjoy was seeing the OFMC pair display routine and that they didn't stick MH434 on the Spitfire tail chase hope we get to see this display again at the next two Duxford shows.

Cheers
James
RIP Red 4, Flight Lieutenant Jon Egging 1978 - 2011
RIP Red 5, Flight Lieutenant Sean Cunningham

tommo999

Post by tommo999 »

Hasboman wrote:Unrelated to the show, but TFCs Hellcat flew for the first time since 2007(?) this evening.

It has been suggested on WIX that she is destined for new owner (don't shoot the messenger!):

Prepping it for the Duxford show and then on to its new owner…

Won't ID the new owner or location. You'll find out at some point.

Hasboman

Post by Hasboman »

tommo999 wrote:
Hasboman wrote:Unrelated to the show, but TFCs Hellcat flew for the first time since 2007(?) this evening.

It has been suggested on WIX that she is destined for new owner (don't shoot the messenger!):

Posted on Key too. Will be a great shame as she was my favourite of the Grumman cats. I hope she stays for Legends so we can see a Wildcat, Hellcat, Bearcat and Avenger in the sky together! :drool:

J.Smith photography

Post by J.Smith photography »

Hasboman wrote:
tommo999 wrote:

Posted on Key too. Will be a great shame as she was my favourite of the Grumman cats. I hope she stays for Legends so we can see a Wildcat, Hellcat, Bearcat and Avenger in the sky together! :drool:

All of these warbirds leaving/ being sold, and nothing replacing them. At this rate it seems like in a few years there will be none left.

Artemis

Post by Artemis »

JBartlett wrote:One thing I did enjoy was seeing the OFMC pair display routine and that they didn't stick MH434 on the Spitfire tail chase hope we get to see this display again at the next two Duxford shows.
Cheers
James

OFMC Duo are not at the September show as they are at Goodwood Revival and they never seem to fly together at Legends. So unlikely to see the Ferocious Frankie & MH434 formation display at Duxford again this year.
They are at Dunsfold in August though :)

JBartlett

Post by JBartlett »

Artemis wrote:
JBartlett wrote:One thing I did enjoy was seeing the OFMC pair display routine and that they didn't stick MH434 on the Spitfire tail chase hope we get to see this display again at the next two Duxford shows.
Cheers
James

OFMC Duo are not at the September show as they are at Goodwood Revival and they never seem to fly together at Legends. So unlikely to see the Ferocious Frankie & MH434 formation display at Duxford again this year.
They are at Dunsfold in August though :)

Forgot about the Goodwood Revival be good if Bournemouth got them, And TFC have sold there Hellcat :down: that is sad news hope they got a good replacement.

James
RIP Red 4, Flight Lieutenant Jon Egging 1978 - 2011
RIP Red 5, Flight Lieutenant Sean Cunningham