Flyforfun

Re: Flying Legends 2015

Post by Flyforfun »

Thanks everyone for the replies :smile:

andygolfer

Post by andygolfer »

Flyforfun wrote:Thanks everyone for the replies :smile:

thanks, which frequency did they use please?
andygolfer

winner of Air-Britain photo competition 2019

LukeBrown

Post by LukeBrown »

Well in all my time of visiting duxford and there other shows my first legends experience was....GREAT. Well done to all involved great show and especially liked the Blenheim and fighter formation. :yahoo: :smile:
Luke

tommo999

Post by tommo999 »

Avenger was fantastic from the M11 end. As was the Bf109 and Mustangs. Excellent show all round today :smile:

DirtyFokker

Post by DirtyFokker »

That was a fantastic airshow :clap:. The Spitfires at the beginning of the show were .... brilliant.

Well done to all involved .... even the traffic management wasn't too bad!
Last edited by DirtyFokker on Sun 12 Jul 2015, 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flyforfun

Post by Flyforfun »

Andy i forgot about the radio i was too busy watching ! also i didn't have internet to check for replies here. someone else will have to tell us which freq .
Thanks anyway

LukeBrown

Post by LukeBrown »

Flyforfun wrote:Andy i forgot about the radio i was too busy watching ! also i didn't have internet to check for replies here. someone else will have to tell us which freq .
Thanks anyway

Hi,
From what i can gather from one gentleman next to me they changed there frequencies quite often. If i heard him right after the aircraft where cleared to taxi they changed to another frequency.
Hope this helps.
Luke

eddywinch82

Post by eddywinch82 »

I totally agree it was a fantastic Airshow today. So many highlights, it was action all the way for 3 full hours. Thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. I was particularly pleased to see the Daimler-Benz engined Buchon. But enjoyed all the displays ! I love the Pacific Fighters the sound of them makes me think of the film "The Battle of Midway"! So many different types of WW2 Aircraft so many different engine sounds, we really were spoilt for choice today, worth every penny. My only complaint was i felt the P36, P40F, P40C, Curtis Hawk 75 routine was rather short, it seemed no sooner were they displaying they were landing again. I am going again tomorrow and i cant wait ! )))

UKTopgun
UKAR Supporter

Post by UKTopgun »

132.9 was display freq today, in fact this is used for all DX shows.

The Frenchman was indeed back, Jabberting over all displays even the sounds of the merlins and griffons :mad:
Big round of applause to car park guys north side, given it was the largest crowd I ever remember seeing at DX, it was seriously impressive to see exits free flowing by 6.45 :clap:

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher »

With the rain forecast for today, I might be able to find space on the crowd line. :biggrin:

Brian
The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DfG on Facebook
BAMPhotography on Facebook

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher »

Compared to this time yesterday, not a lot of people here and it's a bit cool.

Briasn

DfG on Facebook

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher »

Second shower of the day and light rain forecast for most of the afternoon.

Brian

DfG on Facebook

stuart n

Post by stuart n »

tommo999 wrote:Avenger was fantastic from the M11 end. As was the Bf109 and Mustangs. Excellent show all round today :smile:

Aveneger was impressive form the tank bank as we well, raised loads of eyebrows with how quick it managed to turn around.
The Shark seemed to be stuck to Miss Vema and the last pass from the Mustangs seemed to be a competition of who coud go the lowest. Was a litte underwhelmed by the Hurricane display, very high, and the Hawker Biplanes but non the less good to see them in the air.
Probaby had more overhead passes on the tank bank yesterday than the mound had :wink: :whistle:

Ledhead27
UKAR Staff
Location: Inverness (and occasionally 20,000ft - if the aircraft can make it that high)

Post by Ledhead27 »

But late to the party here but I thought Legends was absolutely fantastic, weather was sublime and the action was brilliant. Can't fault a single display, even the L-4 Grasshoppers put on a mesmerising slow flight display. Traffic management was also very good so not very much to fault at all, my favourite Duxford show yet.

Also does anyone know what happened with EP120 after the Balbo, pulled up in front of the Tank Bank then shut down. Made for some nice pictures!
"PostMan, FuelMan, SpamCan, NoPlan, CivviMan, Dan"

UKAR Party Plane Captain

4 out of 5 baguettes

stuart n

Post by stuart n »

Ledhead27 wrote:But late to the party here but I thought Legends was absolutely fantastic, weather was sublime and the action was brilliant. Can't fault a single display, even the L-4 Grasshoppers put on a mesmerising slow flight display. Traffic management was also very good so not very much to fault at all, my favourite Duxford show yet.

Also does anyone know what happened with EP120 after the Balbo, pulled up in front of the Tank Bank then shut down. Made for some nice pictures!

The pilot got some ribibng by others as they taxiied past didn't he? I thought Pete Kynsey was offering him a lift back on the Bearcat but he seemed to decline.

tommo999

Post by tommo999 »

EP120 did the same a couple of years back, both after the Spitfire display and after the Balbo. I heard it was something to do with the radiator (may be wrong though)!

Anybody know why Akary's old Sea Fury didn't display, then Jacquard's one landed early during the balbo?

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher »

The red spinner Sea Fury had radio problems and the white spinner Sea Fury is in 2 hangar being worked on.

Brian

DfG on Facebook

jon93

Post by jon93 »

Had a brilliant day at Duxford yesterday, the weather was just right not too hot unlike last year on the Saturday when it was ridiculously hot, tank bank had some wonderful passes some of the best being from the Avenger and the P-36 and Hawk 75 pair. The P-51s also rattled tank bank on take off, you could really feel your insides vibrating, I'm pretty sure I heard a Canadian sitting near me say it was worth the trip just for that take off. Now I get a week break before the 3 days at Sunderland.

davidjones533

Post by davidjones533 »

Last edited by davidjones533 on Mon 23 Jul 2018, 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

helired3

Post by helired3 »

just thought I would post this as I was outside today the a505 to baldock is closed both ways nr ashwell also there is an accident on the m11 southbound
Ian Harris https://www.flickr.com/photos/ian_harrisuk/

Nikon D750
Nikon D500
Nikon 500mm pf
Nikon 300mm pf

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher »

Traffic was stacked up to Junction 11 just south of Cambridge. It was just as the rain front passed through, that stopped the flying, when I noticed the traffic southbound on the M11 crawling to a stop.

Brian

DfG on Facebook

helired3

Post by helired3 »

A505 to baldock now open :smile:
Ian Harris https://www.flickr.com/photos/ian_harrisuk/

Nikon D750
Nikon D500
Nikon 500mm pf
Nikon 300mm pf

eddywinch82

Post by eddywinch82 »

Excellent Airshow again today, my highlight was definately the Daimler-Benz Me109, but to be honest everything was a highlight. The Spitfire tailchase, Mustang tailchase what a sound they make on takeoff, so loud probably due to the large heavy propellor going supersonic !!? You really don't know where to look during legends as so much is happening all at once. Aircraft starting up, holding displaying etc. I am ordering the official DVD this year. Also the Blenheim with the Spitfire ia's etc, spine-tingling stuff, many good topside passes especially from the Grumman Avenger. All the Aircraft taking off for the Balbo too. I thought we were going to get away with the weather, with dark clouds and rain skirting past the airfield either side. Then the heavy rain and low cloud came and halted the flying ! I thought flying might be abandoned for the day. But by some miracle the rain passed through after about 15 minutes and it went sunny with blue skies. The flying then resumed and we got the Balbo. What an Airshow, unfortunately the Hawker Biplanes and Seafury didn't do displays. The formers i think due to the wind strength. The Seafury a radio problem ? But everything else flew and again put on superb displays. The weather was mixed sometimes sunny sometimes dark clouds, but before the rain front took hold, the cloudbase was high enough for the planes to do loops thankfully. All those different engine sounds too awesome stuff. If only Flying Legends was 4 times a year !! I am going to the saturday of the BOB 75th anniversary Airshow. I am so looking forward to it ! )))

County1884

Post by County1884 »

Anyone know why the silver P40 turned round last minute and didn't take part in the balbo?

F575

Post by F575 »

Went on the Saturday and it was my first time at Flying Legends and first time at Duxford when there's been an airshow on - Loved it! I'm sure for some of you it was "more of the same" but to get to see a P-38, B-25, Gladiator and all the other aircraft take to the skies was like a dream come true! Difficult to pick a standout display as frankly they where all great in their own ways - from the Flying Bulls to the Grasshoppers. And (maybe because it was my first visit) but the French Commentator that a few people don't seem to like - I thought he was ace! Top work all round in my opinion! :clap:

Not only that, but as someone whose more used to going Silverstone and Donington Park, it made a welcome change that getting in and out of the base was a doddle - a little bit of a queue but nothing too major. Don't really have a bad word to say about the day, it was brilliant from start to Balbo! Looking forward to next year already.