Naughty fields

Discuss airshows and other aviation events at the Imperial War Museum
Harvo266

Naughty fields

Post by Harvo266 »

Hi all,
I am attending the Duxford Air Festival (May show) this month and have booked to go in the showground on Sunday. However, the plan for me has upgraded and I am now going up on the Saturday but can't really afford to pay to go into the show. I was just wondering if there are any 'free' areas or naughty fields that I could go in? Please don't give me abuse because I have paid for a ticket for the next day and trust me I really don't like freeloading but feel I shouldn't avoid the area completely. any help would be greatly appreciated
Nikon D500

strangelookingalien

Re: Naughty fields

Post by strangelookingalien »

Duxford school is a nice place to park and is totally legitimate. In years gone by I have walked up a public road from the school, though I imagine these roads are now closed (although the legality of that is dubious!) I think the school charges about £8.00 per car if I remember correctly.

Clearly I wouldn't condone walking onto private land.

The trouble with Duxford is the farther and farther the aircraft get away from the crowdline, the more attractive "freeloading" is! It is hard to believe, but even outside the airfield, some of the aircraft were STILL flying a line south of me.

Epic Formacion

Post by Epic Formacion »

'Strange', your last sentence is very telling. Good point.

strangelookingalien

Post by strangelookingalien »

Yes it is really silly, and surely far more dangerous than if they aircraft actually flew over the empty runway!

Duxford always tempts me and my conscience tells me to buy a ticket, so I inevitably do - but the cramped poorly organised airshow always has me leaving and saying i'll watch from outside next time, and then they book the Rafale and the whole sorry saga starts again...!

DOUGHNUT

Post by DOUGHNUT »

Anybody know where the Rafale will be based, Cambridge Airport ?

Harvo266

Post by Harvo266 »

DOUGHNUT wrote:Anybody know where the Rafale will be based, Cambridge Airport ?

Probably Lakenheath
Nikon D500

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher »

Probably Cambridge, as per the Pat de France, so the crews can get easily to and from Duxford.

Brian
The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DfG on Facebook
BAMPhotography on Facebook