Daks Over Normandy - June 2019

Daks Over Normandy - June 2019

Postby Pen Pusher on Fri 19 May 2017, 4:59 pm

Yes 2019.

From 2 to 9 June 2019 over thirty DC-3/C-47’s will come together. Their owners and operators fly them in from all over the Globe. From Scandinavia, The Netherlands and the rest of Europe, from Canada and the United States and even from as far away as Australia. All for what may well prove the very last time. Just so everyone can watch paratroopers jump over Normandy once more and admire these wonderful aircraft on the ground and in the air, where they belong.

The Daks over Normandy event is held in two locations: from 2 to 5 June at Duxford Airfield in the United Kingdom and from 5 to 9 June at Caen Carpiquet Airport in Normandy, France! Both locations where carefully chosen because of their facilities and their infrastructure and because of their World War II heritage.

http://www.daksovernormandy.com/home/

Brian
The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DUXFORDfotoGALLERY
Facebook
Pen Pusher
UKAR Staff

Re: Daks Over Normandy - June 2019

Postby tuska2 on Sat 20 May 2017, 8:30 am

Brilliant! if a little far off! I'd like to be able to persuade them to do it for a " Market Garden " 73rd anniversary this September! after all "D-Day 75" seems no more random... although I guess it doesn't now I think about it...
tuska2

Postby pbeardmore on Sat 27 May 2017, 6:24 pm

Thanks for the link, looks fantastic,
“The best computer is a man, and it’s the only one that can be mass-produced by unskilled labour.”
pbeardmore

Postby Talldan76 on Fri 06 Oct 2017, 8:51 am

There are now 21 confirmed participants listed on the website.

Shaping up well...
Talldan76

Postby farnboroughrob on Sat 07 Oct 2017, 8:33 am

Can't wait for this, going to be a big highlight as I love Daks. List looking good, although there is a long way to go! Just hope this is a far more accessible for photographers than that awful Lee-on-Solent event a couple of years ago.
farnboroughrob

Postby Elliott Marsh on Sat 07 Oct 2017, 9:37 am

I only did the night-shoot and the following day's massed departure (was working for the arrivals day-time shoot) so can only comment on what I experienced, but Lee-on-Solent 2014 was one of the best things I've done and absolutely worth every penny. The atmosphere was incredible during the pre-launch preparations in particular and just being a part of that spectacle and history was wonderful. I thought access was excellent too, given the obvious limitations imposed by the fact that the nine Daks were departing during the shoot.

I hope TLE can organise something similar for June 2019.
Elliott Marsh

Postby Mike on Sat 07 Oct 2017, 12:51 pm

I'd agree that the Lee on the Solent event was excellent, with great access and some really nice photo opportunities. Hopefully something similar can be organized for Duxford, but I won't be holding my breath.
Mike

Postby cg_341 on Sat 07 Oct 2017, 4:17 pm

In the interests of transparency, we offered to assist them with an event at Duxford (enclosure, day and night shoots, etc.) with all proceeds going to them - and we were fobbed off and given a link to the donate page. Not to say anyone else hasn't had more luck with them, but we - sadly - have not.
cg_341

Postby lambo17841 on Fri 13 Oct 2017, 8:01 am

Dread to think what the entrance charges will be plus the car park!
The areas around the airfield will be well used.

John in Seaford
lambo17841

Postby Pen Pusher on Fri 13 Oct 2017, 9:28 am

The dates at Duxford are Sunday to Wednesday. Why should there be additional parking/charges involved.? It's not an airshow.

Brian
The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DUXFORDfotoGALLERY
Facebook
Pen Pusher
UKAR Staff

Postby farnboroughrob on Sat 14 Oct 2017, 9:52 am

Mike wrote:I'd agree that the Lee on the Solent event was excellent, with great access and some really nice photo opportunities. Hopefully something similar can be organized for Duxford, but I won't be holding my breath.

It was only excellent if you paid over the odds for access. For joe public it was a shambles.
farnboroughrob

Postby farnboroughrob on Sat 14 Oct 2017, 9:55 am

Pen Pusher wrote:The dates at Duxford are Sunday to Wednesday. Why should there be additional parking/charges involved.? It's not an airshow.

Brian

I'm fine with it not being a airshow, just need a flight line walk in the morning and mass afternoon departure I will be happy.
farnboroughrob

Return to IWM Duxford Events