Duxford Air Festival 2018

Re: Duxford Air Festival 2018

Postby Airshowhammer on Tue 29 May 2018, 4:09 pm

I kept overhearing some one call the Rafale a ‘mirage’ :dizzy:
Airshowhammer

Postby capercaillie on Tue 29 May 2018, 4:15 pm

Airshowhammer wrote:I kept overhearing some one call the Rafale a ‘mirage’ :dizzy:

Maybe he wasn't looking at something else? :whistle:
"The surrogate voice of st24"
capercaillie

Postby UKTopgun on Tue 29 May 2018, 4:40 pm

davidjones533 wrote:Ben did his usual stand-up job.

I'm sure Ben is a pleasantly humourous chap but did not know he was a full on comedian!
UKTopgun
UKAR Supporter

Postby UKTopgun on Tue 29 May 2018, 4:43 pm

You do overhear some classic things from people at Duxford (and indeed anywhere). When I hear a spit called a hurricane etc etc I do try to refrain from taking the mick in my head.
Reason being, there are plenty of things I am no expert about other than aviation, and I would not like others to laugh at me, so although you do hear gems on the flightline walk, I try to keep away from judging !! :smile:
UKTopgun
UKAR Supporter

Postby keithjs on Tue 29 May 2018, 6:41 pm

UKTopgun wrote:You do overhear some classic things from people at Duxford (and indeed anywhere). When I hear a spit called a hurricane etc etc I do try to refrain from taking the mick in my head.
Reason being, there are plenty of things I am no expert about other than aviation, and I would not like others to laugh at me, so although you do hear gems on the flightline walk, I try to keep away from judging !! :smile:

I must admit though' I do get a warm glow if anyone asks me what something is they weren't sure about... :smile:
...Rad shutters auto.
keithjs

Postby timuss on Tue 29 May 2018, 7:25 pm

Were Duxford expecting the world's press to turn up??? The size of the press enclosure at the M11 end was ridiculous! I think on the Sunday there was a maximum 4-5 people in it crazy.
Canon 7Dmk2
Canon 7D
Sigma 18-200
Sigma 10-20
Canon 100-400 L IS II
Icom ICR-2 Scanner
PSN: timuss
timuss

Postby UK Airshow Review on Thu 07 Jun 2018, 4:37 pm

• "Lame Dux" - Scott Perry spent the weekend at IWM Duxford and reports for UK Airshow Review.

Image Image Image Image Image
UK Airshow Review
UKAR Staff

Previous

Return to IWM Duxford Events