Duxford Spring Airshow Participants

Discuss airshows and other aviation events at the Imperial War Museum
TheDuck

Re: Duxford Spring Airshow Participants

Post by TheDuck »

Personally, had a really enjoyable, if not cold, day. A good display, the weather Gods stopped it being fantastic with the noticable cancellations but of course that couldn't be helped.

Highlights for me, the VC-10. Seeing its power climb was just fantastic, so much noise. The B-25 did a fantastic display, haven't seen 'Grumpy' fly since 2003 so that was a very welcome display. The Blackburn B2 and the Cirus Moth also put on a fantastic show in not so fantastic weather conditions. And the BA-146 was also a nice change to see at Duxford.

A big well done has to go to Duxford for juggerling the display about so that no real noticable gaps occured. All in all a great day out, well done Duxford, great start to their seasion. Bring on Flying Legends. :clap:

EMarsh

Post by EMarsh »

Just want to say, as it hasn't been mentioned yet - the Chinook routine is brilliant this year. Didn't think it could get any better, but they proved me wrong.

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher »

Can I have his job at Legends please? :whistle: :whistle:

Brian
The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DfG on Facebook
BAMPhotography on Facebook

airsound

Post by airsound »

A Big Thank You.....

.... to everyone who did us the honour of paying attention to ‘Into The Wild Blue Yonder’ - at Cosford for its first ‘proper’ outing, and at Duxford for its sneak preview. All of your comments are noted with gratitude, and producer Jonathan Ruffle and I are working on where to take it from here.

Actually, I was impressed at Cosford with how well people seem to have paid attention! As far as the unexpected mentions of Typhoon (not one but two) were concerned, well..... you might think that that was a spot of finger trouble, but I couldn’t possibly comment.

In fact, Typhoon seems to have been a bit of an heffalump trap for us that day at Cosford. I’ve just listened, with some incredulity, to the recording of the Typhoon display, and sure enough, at some stage some pratt does refer to it as ‘Tornado’. Twice. Three extra guard duties and an aircraft recognition class, that man.

Anyroadup, thanks again - we’ll keep you posted with developments.

sean
airsound

This also posted in the Cosford thread