FIA 2016 Participants

Re: FIA 2016 Participants

Postby Thunderstruck on Tue 12 Jul 2016, 7:56 pm

No F-35 tomorrow then? I've booked the day off work to go, so that's disappointing! Good job I saw it at RIAT at the weekend.
Thunderstruck

Re: FIA 2016 Participants

Postby Offbreed on Wed 13 Jul 2016, 12:00 am

Thunderstruck wrote:No F-35 tomorrow then? I've booked the day off work to go, so that's disappointing! Good job I saw it at RIAT at the weekend.

Quite surprised by that, with it being military day Wednesday.
http://www.farnborough.com/trade/files/ ... ulewed.pdf
User avatar
Offbreed

Re: FIA 2016 Participants

Postby Steve Thomson on Wed 13 Jul 2016, 7:44 am

Are the 747 & 787 still leaving today?
Steve Thomson

Re: FIA 2016 Participants

Postby Rampvan on Wed 13 Jul 2016, 8:48 am

The 747 capt is say tom
Morn for dept
User avatar
Rampvan

Re: FIA 2016 Participants

Postby st24 on Wed 13 Jul 2016, 10:13 am

Offbreed wrote:
Thunderstruck wrote:No F-35 tomorrow then? I've booked the day off work to go, so that's disappointing! Good job I saw it at RIAT at the weekend.

Quite surprised by that, with it being military day Wednesday.
http://www.farnborough.com/trade/files/ ... ulewed.pdf


Probably a rest day, after all taking off, doing two flybys, hovering then landing must be exhausting stuff... :sweat: :tumbleweed:
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!
User avatar
st24

Re: FIA 2016 Participants

Postby red_snow on Wed 13 Jul 2016, 10:48 am

Now decided not to bother with Friday ....... all looking a bit lame really!
User avatar
red_snow

Re: FIA 2016 Participants

Postby borismorris on Wed 13 Jul 2016, 6:25 pm

Thanks for letting us know.
borismorris

Re: FIA 2016 Participants

Postby alisdairanderson on Wed 13 Jul 2016, 8:29 pm

http://www.farnborough.com/trade/files/thursday_flying_programme.pdf

Thursday's flying - looks a lot lighter than Tuesday's when I attended.... of note, the An124 looks to have gone from the map, as well as the previously mentioned 747.


Cheers
Alisdair
alisdairanderson

Re: FIA 2016 Participants

Postby Offbreed on Thu 14 Jul 2016, 12:05 am

st24 wrote:
Offbreed wrote:
Thunderstruck wrote:No F-35 tomorrow then? I've booked the day off work to go, so that's disappointing! Good job I saw it at RIAT at the weekend.

Quite surprised by that, with it being military day Wednesday.
http://www.farnborough.com/trade/files/ ... ulewed.pdf


Probably a rest day, after all taking off, doing two flybys, hovering then landing must be exhausting stuff... :sweat: :tumbleweed:

It's another F-35B no show Thursday, hope they haven't gone tech. :dizzy:
User avatar
Offbreed

Re: FIA 2016 Participants

Postby clearstone on Thu 14 Jul 2016, 7:43 am

According to the commentary on Tuesday, the F-35 crews were taking a planned break on Wednesday and Thursday. They will be back displaying Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
clearstone

Re: FIA 2016 Participants

Postby Offbreed on Thu 14 Jul 2016, 7:54 am

Thanks, Looking forward to seeing the hover close up on Friday. :up:
User avatar
Offbreed

Re: FIA 2016 Participants

Postby farnboroughrob on Thu 14 Jul 2016, 8:27 am

Last night Air Asia A320, ANA 787, Flybe Dash 8, Nostrum CRJ and Cityjet SSJ100 all departed. This morning the SWiss CS100, Cargologic 747 and Volga-Dnepr An-124 departed. F-35 and typhoon having a day off. Edit Gripens also just departed.
Rob
farnboroughrob

Re: FIA 2016 Participants

Postby lynothehammer on Thu 14 Jul 2016, 12:00 pm

Desert Storm Tonka has just landed at Farnborough, picture on Facebook...
User avatar
lynothehammer

Re: FIA 2016 Participants

Postby Offbreed on Thu 14 Jul 2016, 6:30 pm

Good news the F-35B is displaying at 14:35 Friday, glad they didn't put it on last.
User avatar
Offbreed

Re: FIA 2016 Participants

Postby parsley on Sat 16 Jul 2016, 5:29 am

farnboroughrob wrote:Last night Air Asia A320, ANA 787, Flybe Dash 8, Nostrum CRJ and Cityjet SSJ100 all departed. This morning the SWiss CS100, Cargologic 747 and Volga-Dnepr An-124 departed. F-35 and typhoon having a day off. Edit Gripens also just departed.
Rob


The Swiss CS100 departed all the way to Luton...was sitting there Thursday evening
parsley
UKAR Supporter

Re: FIA 2016 Participants

Postby WG655 on Tue 20 Sep 2016, 6:27 pm

A follow-up to the Reds debacle - a recent discussion of the Reds role at Farnborough in the House of Lords:

https://hansard.parliament.uk/lords/2016-09-13/debates/16091336000450/RAFRedArrows

No change for future shows by the sounds of things!
User avatar
WG655
UKAR Staff

Re: FIA 2016 Participants

Postby tommercer on Tue 20 Sep 2016, 8:32 pm

Tragic reading really, the debate sadly reflects the overly cautious country we live in.

Absolutely gutted to be honest.
User avatar
tommercer
UKAR Supporter

Re: FIA 2016 Participants

Postby Rampvan on Fri 23 Sep 2016, 6:25 am

I find this bit quite interesting, although not Red Arrows related

Lord Spicer (Con)

If we continue to delay decisions at Gatwick and Heathrow, will we not be forced to make more use of Farnborough anyway?

Earl Howe

My Lords, that will emerge when the decision on their runway capacity is announced.
User avatar
Rampvan

Previous

Return to Farnborough International Airshow

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests