Farnborough International Airshow 2018

Re: Farnborough International Airshow 2018

Postby lynothehammer on Fri 01 Jun 2018, 4:13 pm

We can now confirm that the 727 will return to #FIA2018 as another great addition to our flying display ✈✅
On the Saturday, we will also have another 727 form part of our static line-up!
User avatar
lynothehammer

Re: Farnborough International Airshow 2018

Postby effects on Thu 07 Jun 2018, 5:03 pm

new ground plan up, new aircraft,
Qatar 748F
An178
777-300er
2xM346
2nd Tornado
Sony DSC-HX400V (Sony DSC-HX300 and DSC-H2 retired)
User avatar
effects

Re: Farnborough International Airshow 2018

Postby boff180 on Fri 08 Jun 2018, 7:15 am

effects wrote:new ground plan up, new aircraft,
Qatar 748F
An178
777-300er
2xM346
2nd Tornado


The label on the 2nd Tornado shape says Hurjet. As it's parked next to the other TAI assets it may actually be a FSM of this proposed supersonic trainer.
User avatar
boff180
UKAR Staff

Re: Farnborough International Airshow 2018

Postby effects on Fri 08 Jun 2018, 9:47 am

boff180 wrote:
effects wrote:new ground plan up, new aircraft,
Qatar 748F
An178
777-300er
2xM346
2nd Tornado


The label on the 2nd Tornado shape says Hurjet. As it's parked next to the other TAI assets it may actually be a FSM of this proposed supersonic trainer.

Thanks, could not quite ready that!
Sony DSC-HX400V (Sony DSC-HX300 and DSC-H2 retired)
User avatar
effects

Re: Farnborough International Airshow 2018

Postby James1971 on Fri 08 Jun 2018, 1:04 pm

Still praying for AN225 to make an appearance like it did at ILA :heyhey:
James
@jamesoconnor71
Canon 80D
Canon 17-40 f4L USM
Canon 24-105 f4L IS USM
Canon 70-300 f4-5.6L IS USM
Sigma 150-600 C
James1971

Re: Farnborough International Airshow 2018

Postby capercaillie on Fri 08 Jun 2018, 3:24 pm

lynothehammer wrote:We can now confirm that the 727 will return to #FIA2018 as another great addition to our flying display ✈✅
On the Saturday, we will also have another 727 form part of our static line-up!


Thank goodness, something modern in the flying display at last. :whistle:
"The surrogate voice of st24"
User avatar
capercaillie

Re: Farnborough International Airshow 2018

Postby UKTopgun on Fri 08 Jun 2018, 6:17 pm

Farnie often seem to have a USAF F16 flying, a rare thing indeed.
That plus AV8B equals tempted!
UKTopgun
UKAR Supporter

Re: Farnborough International Airshow 2018

Postby spaceward on Fri 08 Jun 2018, 7:38 pm

Apologies if it’s already been mentioned but as far as I can make out there is an Antonov An 124 Ruslan set out by the Qatar 747 8F and 747-800.
spaceward

Re: Farnborough International Airshow 2018

Postby effects on Fri 08 Jun 2018, 8:28 pm

spaceward wrote:Apologies if it’s already been mentioned but as far as I can make out there is an Antonov An 124 Ruslan set out by the Qatar 747 8F and 747-800.

That's what the plan currently has, 2 years ago it was A124 and one 748f both Volga.
Sony DSC-HX400V (Sony DSC-HX300 and DSC-H2 retired)
User avatar
effects

Re: Farnborough International Airshow 2018

Postby effects on Fri 08 Jun 2018, 8:29 pm

They both left on the Thursday morning last time.
Last edited by effects on Fri 15 Jun 2018, 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sony DSC-HX400V (Sony DSC-HX300 and DSC-H2 retired)
User avatar
effects

Re: Farnborough International Airshow 2018

Postby Adie1980 on Fri 08 Jun 2018, 9:58 pm

capercaillie wrote:
lynothehammer wrote:We can now confirm that the 727 will return to #FIA2018 as another great addition to our flying display ✈✅
On the Saturday, we will also have another 727 form part of our static line-up!


Thank goodness, something modern in the flying display at last. :whistle:


:lol: :lol:
Attending Yeovilton Air Day 2018, RIAT 2018, FIA 2018 & Bournemouth Air Festival 2018
User avatar
Adie1980

Re: Farnborough International Airshow 2018

Postby Costar1198 on Sat 09 Jun 2018, 9:13 am

Red Bull Air Race demo confirmed... would be Interesting.
User avatar
Costar1198

Re: Farnborough International Airshow 2018

Postby lynothehammer on Sun 10 Jun 2018, 6:31 am

Costar1198 wrote:Red Bull Air Race demo confirmed... would be Interesting.


Red Bull to the rescue eh ? if it wasn't for Red Bull the line would look thread bare...
User avatar
lynothehammer

Re: Farnborough International Airshow 2018

Postby Jakub.Zurek on Thu 14 Jun 2018, 5:15 pm

I assume the Harrier will fly on Friday as well as the weekend with:

FAB Friday, Weekend, Flying


written under it on the website.
User avatar
Jakub.Zurek
UKAR Staff

Re: Farnborough International Airshow 2018

Postby frank on Fri 15 Jun 2018, 5:13 pm

For FAB Friday, I count only 7 flyers on the official website. Flying Bulls etc are listed as public weekend - I presume that means Sat and Sun only. Is it normally that sparse or have I misunderstood something.
frank

Re: Farnborough International Airshow 2018

Postby Jakub.Zurek on Fri 15 Jun 2018, 7:36 pm

I can only assume lots more stuff will be added as you're right, that does look very light :dunno:
User avatar
Jakub.Zurek
UKAR Staff

Re: Farnborough International Airshow 2018

Postby farnboroughrob on Sat 16 Jun 2018, 5:08 pm

frank wrote:For FAB Friday, I count only 7 flyers on the official website. Flying Bulls etc are listed as public weekend - I presume that means Sat and Sun only. Is it normally that sparse or have I misunderstood something.

Perfectly normal as they don't reveal what is in the trade show until a few weeks before. No idea why, seems crazy to me. So it could be that you could add A400M, A350, F-18, Typhoon and others to that list, but we simply don't know. :tumbleweed:
farnboroughrob

Re: Farnborough International Airshow 2018

Postby ikarus on Sun 17 Jun 2018, 8:57 pm

Where can I find a list of the aircraft on display in the Trade Display Static Mon - Thursday , the website isn't brilliant and I cant find the usual map showing
location and names of what's in the Trade show park. :sad:

Just trying to decide if a trade day visit is worth the ticket price
User avatar
ikarus

Re: Farnborough International Airshow 2018

Postby boff180 on Mon 18 Jun 2018, 8:54 am

Downloads section, page 3 or 4, outdoor map. :-)
User avatar
boff180
UKAR Staff

Re: Farnborough International Airshow 2018

Postby ikarus on Mon 18 Jun 2018, 5:27 pm

Cheers Boff , looks like an un inspiring turn out :sad:
User avatar
ikarus

Re: Farnborough International Airshow 2018

Postby Stagger2 on Tue 19 Jun 2018, 1:01 pm

Very little more on the 2018 List than last year :roll:
and they didn't even have a show then! :biggrin:
Stagger2

Re: Farnborough International Airshow 2018

Postby effects on Fri 22 Jun 2018, 5:32 pm

Better value than Marham :lol:
Official site showing Embraer kc390, 190-e2 and Legacy 500 as flying.
Sony DSC-HX400V (Sony DSC-HX300 and DSC-H2 retired)
User avatar
effects

Previous

Return to Farnborough International Airshow

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: borismorris and 2 guests