looking for access on the Monday

All the chat about the bi-annual spectacular
patrouille2001

looking for access on the Monday

Post by patrouille2001 »

Hi Everyone
I am looking for ways to get two trade tickets for Monday for Farnborough. I have tried in the past by applying for trade tickets, without any success. I am employed as a Personal asistant, so can not go down the route of asking my eployer. Any help wold be greatly apreciated

Paul

Pen Pusher

Re: looking for access on the Monday

Post by Pen Pusher »

Buy them on the day.
Daily Visitor Passes will be available to purchase from March 2012 at a cost of £30 per pass per day when booked in advance or £37.50 if purchased at the gate.

Brian
The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DfG on Facebook
BAMPhotography on Facebook

patrouille2001

Post by patrouille2001 »

cheers for the reply. I am at Fairford from Fri to Sun and plan to drive to Farnborough on the Monday.

Cheers

Paul :smile:

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher »

A bit of a pain but if buying on the gate on a trade day, it would be preferable to turn up in a collar and tie rather than a t-shirt and shorts. You can always take the tie off once inside. :biggrin:

Brian

DfG on Facebook

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

It is actually quite easy, I do it every year. First thing is make up a company name and try and get a related email address i.e fakecompany@xxxxxx . Use this and your home address to order online, there are no checks that I know of to verify your business is legit. On the day just wear trousers and shirt and don't look like a spotter i.e low key camera bag and don't take a carrier bag with your sandwiches in it! There will be plenty of other 'spotters' there.

Dragon Rapide

Post by Dragon Rapide »

farnboroughrob wrote:It is actually quite easy, I do it every year. First thing is make up a company name and try and get a related email address i.e fakecompany@xxxxxx . Use this and your home address to order online, there are no checks that I know of to verify your business is legit. On the day just wear trousers and shirt and don't look like a spotter i.e low key camera bag and don't take a carrier bag with your sandwiches in it! There will be plenty of other 'spotters' there.

It is of course extremely easy to check but I doubt they have the time or inclination to bother - after all they are getting their £30!! I used to do with a fake business cared on the gate a few years ago. The trade days are not exactly deluged with "spotters" so I don't think it worries anyone.
Listen to that Gipsy music.....

Dragon Rapide

lynothehammer

Post by lynothehammer »

farnboroughrob wrote:It is actually quite easy, I do it every year. First thing is make up a company name and try and get a related email address i.e fakecompany@xxxxxx . Use this and your home address to order online, there are no checks that I know of to verify your business is legit. On the day just wear trousers and shirt and don't look like a spotter i.e low key camera bag and don't take a carrier bag with your sandwiches in it! There will be plenty of other 'spotters' there.

I rocked up looking as scruffy as they come last time round, 3/4 length shorts & t-shirt with flip flops with a my normal camera bag and nobody even batted an eyelid.

Seriously I wouldn't bother going to too much trouble as it's been said in this thread already they only care about the money side of things. Usually it's just a jolly up for most companys with people just on a day out, well my tickets were given to me by someone and she had absolutely no interest whatsoever !

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher »

Trade tickets are available on line now. Ordered mine for the Monday.

Although I clicked delivery by post, I have another e-mail with a 'Q-Jump' number on it. If the tickets don't arrive in time through the post, you take the e-mail and photo identity to one of the entrance gates and can collect from there.

Brian

DfG on Facebook

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

Got my tickets for Tuesday and Wednesday here, the defence conference is on Wednesday this year. So that's 8 days straight of airshow action!

stonesfan

Post by stonesfan »

They may as well just rename the 'Trade Days' to 'adults only' days. I can guess one of the main reasons they try and keep the weekdays set aside for 'trade only' is that they won't want hoards of families turning up and kids running amok with the expecation of there being bouncy castles and other forms of entertainment present.

Just turn up looking reasonably smart and purchase a ticket on the door. Last time I did that, no questions were asked at all about my company name or the intention of my visit to Farnborough.

fullbackfun

Post by fullbackfun »

Hi!

I tried to buy two visitor tickets to Monday, but due to my poor English, I do not understand the function of every fields. I have no problems with filling of first three pages, but I stopped on fourth page.

1. There is a "registered card address" section under the credit card data. What is its real function?
2. I would like to receive the tickets to a different postal address than the address of my organisation. Is it possible?

Thank you!