Jubilee v Enthusiast Ticket?

All the chat about the bi-annual spectacular
karlyws

Jubilee v Enthusiast Ticket?

Post by karlyws »

I'm planning on getting tickets for the Saturday public air show and either Jubilee Day or Enthusiast's Day tickets for the Friday as a present for my husband on our first year wedding anniversary.

I'm having a little trouble trying to decide whether to get a Jubilee or Enthusiast ticket. I am under the impression that the only difference between the two types of ticket is that, with the Enthusiast's Day ticket, you get a souvenir programme and grandstand seating. Is this correct?
If so, does anybody know from experience whether the grandstand seating is worth the extra cost? Do you get a better view of the air displays? Whereabouts is the seating situated? Does it make a difference having this seating available?

I am assuming that, on the day, if you decide not to use the seating, for whatever reason, that you can choose to sit anywhere?

Many thanks,
Karly

JohnF

Re: Jubilee v Enthusiast Ticket?

Post by JohnF »

Been to a few of the enthusiast Fridays and I believe the grandstand was some distance from the crowd line. If your husband wants to take photos you're best on the crowd line rather than sitting in the grandstand. You should easily get a decent position on the crowd line as it never gets that busy on the Friday.

wv383

Post by wv383 »

karlyws wrote:
I am assuming that, on the day, if you decide not to use the seating, for whatever reason, that you can choose to sit anywhere?

Many thanks,
Karly

Yes, but don't leave any chairs etc unattended as they will be removed by security. So no arriving early, bagging your spot and then wandering off for hours and coming back to your spot!
Simon

karlyws

Post by karlyws »

Simon - I wouldn't dream of doing that! :shock:

Offbreed

Post by Offbreed »

Last time there was a deck chair enclosure in a great spot, the ticket was called the " Diamond Package "
The video shows the position of the enclosure.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czAIlGDUyGo[/youtube]

effects

Post by effects »

This pic was taken from the top of the grandstand, if you look at the bottom right corner there is a loudspeaker which is part of a set of 8 or so, these are connected to each other by a cable which runs from top to top thereby excluding any shots of a/c on the runway directly in front of you. My advice would be get a trade ticket, the use of the grandstand, which was virtually empty, was free.
Nikon P900 (Sony DSC-HX400V, Sony DSC-HX300 and DSC-H2 retired)

karlyws

Post by karlyws »

How do you go about getting a normal trade ticket?

My understanding is that you need a specific type of ticket to use the grandstand this year?

The Jubilee Ticket doesn't give you acess to the grandstand and is £30, whilst the Enthusiast's Day Ticket which does give you access to the grandstand is meant to be priced at around £50 which is why I have been trying to find out whether it is worth paying the extra £20 per ticket to get the grandstand seating.

karlyws

Post by karlyws »

Just seen that the Trade Visitor Pass is £30 but can't find out what that price includes!