Participants?

All the chat about the bi-annual spectacular
Dragon Rapide

Re: Participants?

Post by Dragon Rapide »

Which rather confirms this - "I have not been for a while but have the distinct impression that the public show days are now just bolted on to the trade show because they know that pretty much whatever they fly they will sell tens of thousands of tickets on Saturday and Sunday. :sad: - which I posted earlier.
Listen to that Gipsy music.....

Dragon Rapide

AMB

Post by AMB »

Breitling Team and Breitling Super Connie coming....whoooohoo!! :clap:
Adrian

st24

Post by st24 »

lynothehammer wrote:
effects wrote:
st24 wrote:
lynothehammer wrote:It's certainly looking better than the dire show 2 years ago !

?? Nigerian ATR42, Chilean C295MPA, Pakistani Thunders, Kiwi A109, Turkish Wedgetail, Super Huey, some interesting civvy demonstrators ... a good turn out me thinks!

Dire indeed!!

The weekend flying display was dire, I paid to go in both and my opinion was that it wasn't good value for money.

Yeh, point taken. As farnbororob says, most of the really good stuff had gone by the weekend, on the Thursday I was there the Chilean Casa departed.
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

The press day is this coming Wednesday, expect to hear of some star participants next week. I think a JF-17 is a given ;-)

Andy

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

So far news coming out of Press Day of the following:-

Gripen
V-22
F/A-18E/F
F-16
C-130J
T-50 (Korean type not Pak-fa, I wished)
Yak-130

Wes_Howes

Post by Wes_Howes »

I'm guessing that's a Lockheed Viper demo or just a static?

TonyO

Post by TonyO »

Yawn... :sleepy:

Military giants, fast jets, aerobatic display teams, historic classics and future aviation technology mark an unrivalled collection of aircraft that will be in attendance at this year’s Farnborough International Airshow. The five-hour flying display taking place during the public weekend – 14th and 15th July – will keep visitors enthralled and entertained

A variety of military aircraft are expected to display during the Airshow trade week. The Boeing F/A18 Super Hornet and the US Marine Corps V-22 Osprey are scheduled to appear. Other aircraft attending include the Lockheed Martin F-16 Fighting Falcon and C-130J Super Hercules, the Saab Gripen Fighter and the Yak 130. During the weekend, military greats from the BBMF and Avro Vulcan XH558 will also be flying.

Entertainment is high on the agenda with aerobatic display teams aplenty. The Breitling Jet Team, The Blades, RedHawks, Breitling Wingwalkers and of course the RAF Red Arrows will fly over the skies of Farnborough aerodrome performing stunts and tricks with speed and precision that visitors always enjoy. The solo displays will also be enhanced by the first appearance of the South Korean Air Force T-50 jet trainer in the colours of the Black Eagles display team and the exciting unlimited aerobatics of Mark Jefferies.

On the ground, both the past and the future are demonstrated in an impressive static collection including historical greats like the Breitling-sponsored Lockheed Super Constellation, appearing in commemoration of Lockheed Martin’s 100th anniversary, and the Catalina Flying Boat. The future of air travel will also be represented by Richard Branson’s Virgin Galactic – the world’s first spaceline. Modern airliners including aircraft from Boeing and Airbus will also be present.
Do you want the Aladeen news or the Aladeen news?

capercaillie

Post by capercaillie »

If the Connie goes to RIAT as rumoured, nothing there worth driving the extra miles for that we won't have already seen at friendlier to photgraph venues. :dunno:
"The surrogate voice of st24"

My flickr photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/146673712@N06/

mingo

Post by mingo »

When does the full list get announced? Nothing in there we didnt already know tbh and would have thought A400 and A380 would have been on the press release if attending :dunno:

Edit: If I read it properly says airliners from Boeing and Airbus will be present so guess that covers the 787 and A380.
Cheers
Chris.C

timuss

Post by timuss »

Yeah could be pretty slim pickings for the weekend. Would love to see the Connie but can't justify the price, and the display restrictions at Farnborough make for distant displays.
Canon 7Dmk2
Canon 7D
Sigma 18-200
Sigma 10-20
Canon 100-400 L IS II
Icom ICR-2 Scanner
PSN: timuss

st24

Post by st24 »

TonyO wrote: The solo displays will also be enhanced by the first appearance of the South Korean Air Force T-50 jet trainer in the colours of the Black Eagles display team

:question: So does that mean we're not getting the full team at the 'boro'??
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

There is an exhibitor briefing tomorrow, expect it by the end of the week.

Boeing are yet to confirm their civil participation however, they are looking at three aircraft in total.

Andy

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

st24 wrote:
TonyO wrote: The solo displays will also be enhanced by the first appearance of the South Korean Air Force T-50 jet trainer in the colours of the Black Eagles display team

:question: So does that mean we're not getting the full team at the 'boro'??

Yes. The only show getting a full display at the moment is RIAT. One aircraft will display at FIA as a solo demo whilst another is on static. Apart from a spare demo jet the rest will be disassembled immediately following RIAT.

Andy

APG

Post by APG »

KAI are displaying the a/c at Farnborough so a single display aircraft only

tankbuster81
UKAR Supporter

Post by tankbuster81 »

looks even more boring than usual!!
Don't bother running, you'll only die tired!!

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

There is an unofficial list on Farnborough Aviation Group.

The list for the trade days does look quite good if you don't mind a mix of civil and mil.... Lakota and Wedgetail listed :-)

Andy

AMB

Post by AMB »

capercaillie wrote:If the Connie goes to RIAT as rumoured, nothing there worth driving the extra miles for that we won't have already seen at friendlier to photgraph venues. :dunno:

Unless manufacturers sneak in unnanounced stuff that they don't want to send to RIAT like Nigerian AF ATR42, Turkish AF B737 Wedgetail, Chilian Navy CASA 295, Mayalysan Lynx etc...just like they have done previously. :whistle: Often surprises at Farnborough that are unexpected.
Adrian

Mad Dan

Post by Mad Dan »

AMB said:
Often surprises at Farnborough that are unexpected.

Well, if they were expected, they would hardly be surprises, would they? I mean, c'mon...

Mayalysan Lynx??? Sounds interesting...
I am not a loony... I used to be, but I think I am better now...

The Baron

Post by The Baron »

Doesn't appear that the Super Connie's flying. That's a shame as I'd pay to see that.
Loafer for Mr. Da Vinci.

Andyperkins

Post by Andyperkins »

Flightline have listed the Tornado Role Demo.

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

First official participation list update is now live, minimal at the moment compared to what is being talked about on FAG.

Andy

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

boff180 wrote:First official participation list update is now live, minimal at the moment compared to what is being talked about on FAG.

Andy

is it me or has this disappeared today to be replaced by the previous page with 2010 on it?? Very strange going on in Hampshire :tumbleweed: .

Concorde216

Post by Concorde216 »

No doubt that the A380 will be at the show too?

Will Boeing be bringing their 787 and if so, will be around for the weekend show? I went on the Saturday hoping to see it but they [Boeing] decided to fly it abck home mid-week. Not a happy bunny :mad:

Hoping to see a few Hawker 125s there, seeing as this year is it's 50th birthday!

farnboroughrob

Post by farnboroughrob »

Concorde216 wrote:No doubt that the A380 will be at the show too?

Will Boeing be bringing their 787 and if so, will be around for the weekend show? I went on the Saturday hoping to see it but they [Boeing] decided to fly it abck home mid-week. Not a happy bunny :mad:

Hoping to see a few Hawker 125s there, seeing as this year is it's 50th birthday!

Rumoured to be a Qatar A/W 787 but again likely to be gone by the weekend. Im afraid the big companies are just not interested in showing to the public apart from Airbus.

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

Concorde216 wrote:No doubt that the A380 will be at the show too?

There will be a Qatari 787 flying (and static in the mornings) at the show. I had been told it was departing on the Thursday however according to this news report, it may not be.

http://www.flightglobal.com/news/articl ... gh-371836/

Andy