Participants?

All the chat about the bi-annual spectacular
st24

Re: Participants?

Post by st24 »

parsley wrote:
st24 wrote:
DamienB wrote:I imagine the Black Arrows, Firebirds, Patrouille de France and Frecce Tricolori - who have all displayed at Farnborough - were also excluded from these "rules"?

Back then though f'bh was a small town surrounded by heathland, now it's a large built up area, just part of the London sprawl - the cancer of the environment. Any way, nice aeroplanes wasted here include Maltese king air, Portuguese cn235, us army lakota, army defender, wildcat, 15stormo aw139 and perhaps most pointless of all the 4 sqn spec hawk being used by bar for cockpit tours ! :mad:

Wasted...in what way ?...think you'll find that the maj :roll: ority of the aircraft you mention are under the control of the manufacturer rather than the air arm whose colours they are painted in..so I guess it's up to them what they decide to bring to the show

Wasted as in its nigh on impossibe to get images of them. Thanks for the info though- I'm pretty new to this airshow game... :facepalm:
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

JBartlett

Post by JBartlett »

T_J wrote:
jalfrezi wrote:
Also, just checked the website and the Russian Knights are back on the list??

From the Russian Knights website.

http://www.russianknights.ru/ru/press

Departure "Russian Knights" in the UK once again postponed
"Russian Knights" failed again today to fly to Britain at the Farnborough Air Show. In the morning came the information that all problems are solved, and the aerobatic team will rise into the air from the airfield near Moscow Kubinka. But several hours later, a new post - flight delayed again, the pilots were released to their homes.

"Russian Knights" did not fly at Farnborough
Scheduled for today flight aerobatic team "Russian Knights" in the UK at the air show, "Farnborough" canceled. A source in the Russian Defense Ministry did not rule out that the "Russian Knights" do not fly at Farnborough.

Ok i am confused on the last bit ( a Russian defense ministry did not rule out that the Russian Knights do not fly at Farnborough) :confused: so are they still trying to come over be nice if they did for the public shows.

James
RIP Red 4, Flight Lieutenant Jon Egging 1978 - 2011
RIP Red 5, Flight Lieutenant Sean Cunningham

jalfrezi
UKAR Staff

Post by jalfrezi »

JBartlett wrote:
Ok i am confused on the last bit ( a Russian defense ministry did not rule out that the Russian Knights do not fly at Farnborough) :confused: so are they still trying to come over be nice if they did for the public shows.

James

*cough* and the Friday please....

sewell01

Post by sewell01 »

It also states on that site that the team members couldn't get visas to enter UK, so I wouldn't hold my breath !!!

Thumper
UKAR Supporter

Post by Thumper »

All this Russian Knight's business is getting beyond ridiculous now. I see the SSJ managed to get there fine :wat:

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher »

The Knights are off the web site now. Or at least they were when I checked a few moments ago. :biggrin:

Brian
The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DfG on Facebook
BAMPhotography on Facebook

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

I believe one of the USAF heavies departed last night, I believe it was the C17 there also seems to be a big gap next to the 737.

Andy

T_J

Post by T_J »

JBartlett wrote:

James

Hi James,
It is confusing but the following appears to be the final decision of a no-show and quotes the head of the Russian Farnborough delegation.

Russian Knights will not take part in Farnborough air show

The Russian Knights aerobatics team will not take part in the Farnborough international air show, given the delay in visa issuance, said Vyacheslav Dzirkaln, a deputy head of the Federal Military-Technical Cooperation Service.

"The permits were not prepared on time. Therefore the Russian Knights will not take part in the air show," Dzirkaln, the leader of the Russian delegation to the air show, told the press on Monday.

Some members of the delegation had problems getting visas to fly to Farnborough due to red tape, Dzirkaln said.

"Unfortunately, the visas were finally issued only on Friday," he said.

http://rbth.ru/articles/2012/07/09/russ ... 16229.html

st24

Post by st24 »

boff180 wrote:I believe one of the USAF heavies departed last night, I believe it was the C17 there also seems to be a big gap next to the 737.

Andy

Yep c-17 was towed out (my 1st Dover one) as was the ssj. 2 maybe a 3rd wildcat arrived later

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

Intertesting, there is stil, only one in static, I wonder with the handover ceremony today which I just watched they are going to use them for the AW formation display as a one off?

Andy

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

Oh and a320 with winglets is about to depart,

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher »

Thursday Flying display list is on-line

Brian
The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DfG on Facebook
BAMPhotography on Facebook

st24

Post by st24 »

Pen Pusher wrote:Thursday Flying display list is on-line

Brian

Crikey, thats about the worst one of the week- I usually go on Thursday, glad I went yesterday.... :tumbleweed:

JohnF

Post by JohnF »

Anyone know if there's a different A380 displaying tomorrow. The Malaysia Airlines A380 departed after its display and hadn't returned when I left after the B787.

Thanks

tommercer
UKAR Supporter

Post by tommercer »

yes, should be one of the demonstration aircraft

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

Yes, should be a prototype.

Andy

Suki

Post by Suki »

The reds are validating after the F18 :yahoo:

) FROM: 12/07/12 16:25C) TO: 12/07/12 17:05
E) RESTRICTED AREA (TEMPORARY) AT FARNBOROUGH, HAMPSHIRE FOR A RED
ARROWS DISPLAY

is this UTC or BST? :dunno:

Markie

Post by Markie »

That is good news.

FIA twitter feed mentions a 'Tornado practise' tomorrow aswell, along with the Reds, I assume the role demo validation?

In terms of other timings, Reds will arrive at 10:38, depart at 12:42 for a display at Shrivenham and recover at 13:26

Allan

Post by Allan »

Did the 787 leave this evening? I left at 19.00 and it was still being loaded by the black sheds.

AMB

Post by AMB »

DamienB wrote:I imagine the Black Arrows, Firebirds, Patrouille de France and Frecce Tricolori - who have all displayed at Farnborough - were also excluded from these "rules"?

Firebirds have NEVER displayed at Farnborough! :whistle:
Adrian

DamienB

Post by DamienB »

Should have double checked! I assumed it was them - Lightning formation team - 1961/2 - looks like it was 74's Tigers.

EGLF24

Post by EGLF24 »

Allan wrote:Did the 787 leave this evening? I left at 19.00 and it was still being loaded by the black sheds.

It left around 9:00 this morning. A380 F-WWDD also arrived this morning to take over from the departed Malaysia Airlines aircraft. In this last few minutes the Reds have arrived ahead of their validation after the flying display this afternoon.

sewell01

Post by sewell01 »

Participants for Friday - Sunday...

FLYING DISPLAY
(Fri 13 - Sun 15 July)
AAC APACHE HELICOPTER
AIRBUS A380
AVRO VULCAN XH558
BATTLE OF BRITAIN MEMORIAL FLIGHT (Not Fri)
BREITLING JET TEAM (Not Fri)
BREITLING WINGWALKERS (Not Fri)
IRKUT YAK-130
MARK JEFFERIES EXTRA 330
RAF RED ARROWS
RAF TORNADO (Roll demo, not Friday)
RAF TYPHOON
RAF KING AIR
RAF TUCANO (Not Fri)
RAF FALCONS
RAF HAWK
REDHAWKS (Not Fri)
RUAG AVIATION DORNIER 228
SOUTH KOREAN AIR FORCE T-50 JET TRAINER
THE BLADES
US DOD F/A18 SUPER HORNET
US MARINE CORPS V-22 OSPREY

parsley
UKAR Supporter

Post by parsley »

st24 wrote:
parsley wrote:
st24 wrote:

Back then though f'bh was a small town surrounded by heathland, now it's a large built up area, just part of the London sprawl - the cancer of the environment. Any way, nice aeroplanes wasted here include Maltese king air, Portuguese cn235, us army lakota, army defender, wildcat, 15stormo aw139 and perhaps most pointless of all the 4 sqn spec hawk being used by bar for cockpit tours ! :mad:

Wasted...in what way ?...think you'll find that the maj :roll: ority of the aircraft you mention are under the control of the manufacturer rather than the air arm whose colours they are painted in..so I guess it's up to them what they decide to bring to the show

Wasted as in its nigh on impossibe to get images of them. Thanks for the info though- I'm pretty new to this airshow game... :facepalm:

Sorry I obviously should have automatically realised you meant wasted as in opportunites for photographs....even though you didn't mention it..I will look for the hidden meaning in any future posts before commenting

JBartlett

Post by JBartlett »

sewell01 wrote:Participants for Friday - Sunday...

FLYING DISPLAY
(Fri 13 - Sun 15 July)
AAC APACHE HELICOPTER
AIRBUS A380
AVRO VULCAN XH558
BATTLE OF BRITAIN MEMORIAL FLIGHT (Not Fri)
BREITLING JET TEAM (Not Fri)
BREITLING WINGWALKERS (Not Fri)
IRKUT YAK-130
MARK JEFFERIES EXTRA 330
RAF RED ARROWS
RAF TORNADO (Roll demo, not Friday)
RAF TYPHOON
RAF KING AIR
RAF TUCANO (Not Fri)
RAF FALCONS
RAF HAWK
REDHAWKS (Not Fri)
RUAG AVIATION DORNIER 228
SOUTH KOREAN AIR FORCE T-50 JET TRAINER
THE BLADES
US DOD F/A18 SUPER HORNET
US MARINE CORPS V-22 OSPREY

Nice line up even if the russian knights are not coming just hope the F16 displays what about the saab gripen?

James
RIP Red 4, Flight Lieutenant Jon Egging 1978 - 2011
RIP Red 5, Flight Lieutenant Sean Cunningham