1st time how many mm?

All the chat about the bi-annual spectacular
Weather Watcher

1st time how many mm?

Post by Weather Watcher »

I'm going to Farnborough for the 1st time on the Monday and I've a couple of questions. If I want good flight photos am I going to need 400mm on a DX body? Any particularly good places to stand? Also is there going to be a problem turning up at the entrance with a large backpack and chair?

Thanks for any help

David

lynothehammer

Re: 1st time how many mm?

Post by lynothehammer »

Weather Watcher wrote:I'm going to Farnborough for the 1st time on the Monday and I've a couple of questions. If I want good flight photos am I going to need 400mm on a DX body? Any particularly good places to stand? Also is there going to be a problem turning up at the entrance with a large backpack and chair?

Thanks for any help

David

I went in on a trade day 2 years ago with my rather large lowepro camera bag dressed in 3/4 length camo shorts, t-shirt & flip flops and no-one questioned me. aslong as you've paid for your ticket i really don't think anyone cares.

As for 400mm depends what shots you want, if it's take off/landings then you'll be fine with anything from 18-200mm plus you have the added bonus you'll have room to swing a cat. 400mm for anything flying will probably be about right.

Hope this helps.

Weather Watcher

Re: 1st time how many mm?

Post by Weather Watcher »

lynothehammer wrote:
I went in on a trade day 2 years ago with my rather large lowepro camera bag dressed in 3/4 length camo shorts, t-shirt & flip flops and no-one questioned me. aslong as you've paid for your ticket i really don't think anyone cares.

As for 400mm depends what shots you want, if it's take off/landings then you'll be fine with anything from 18-200mm plus you have the added bonus you'll have room to swing a cat. 400mm for anything flying will probably be about right.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, large pack it is then :smile:
Hope the weather improves.

David