Attending Farnborough Air Show

All the chat about the bi-annual spectacular
imran.avionics

Attending Farnborough Air Show

Post by imran.avionics »

Hi All, I would be thinking if anyone attending the Airbus workshops on 14th July, As I am attending one of them. As I am not a resident of UK, I am not sure how to get to Farnborough city from other airports in London. Also if I arrive one day before, there might be accomodation problems. I think, Heathrow airport is nearest to the city and transfers can be found easily from there. Anyway, if anyone also attending workshops, we can plan something :smile:

farnboroughrob

Re: Attending Farnborough Air Show

Post by farnboroughrob »

Hi Farnborough is easily acessable from Heathrow and gatwick airports. From Heathrow take the rail-air coach to Woking then its a short rail journey to Farnborough (main) station where there is a shuttle bus. From Gatwick get the train towards Reading and get off at North Camp station, again there is a shuttle. Using Luton,Stansted and City airport you will need to go to Waterloo station in London where there are trains every 20 minutes to Farnborough (main). Alternatively you can also use Southampton airport that has direct rail link. As for hotels try for one in London as all local ones are booked.