Show/Gate Map?

All the chat about the bi-annual spectacular
Lightning

Show/Gate Map?

Post by Lightning »

I'm struggling to find the information I need on the awfully slow and complicated FIA website, so have resorted to asking for help here if you don't mind.

I have ordered tickets for Friday 13th, but in the event they don't arrive on time in the post I have been given specific gates at which I can obtain my pass on entry. However, nowhere does it tell you where the gates are located, so I've no idea which carpark I need to go to!

Does anyone have any idea where the various gates are (A, B etc)?

I'd ideally be parking in the carpark by Eelmore bridge as that's the direction I will be coming from, and parked there last time so know how to get there easily.

Cheers

EGLF24

Re: Show/Gate Map?

Post by EGLF24 »

This is the site map from the 2008 show so there may be layout differences, but the gate letters/locations should be the same:

http://www.farnboroughinternational.org/site/pdf/overall-exhibitioncomplex.pdf

Lightning

Post by Lightning »

Thanks for that - just have to figure out which gate the shuttle bus will take me to from the carpark now :lol:

EGLF24

Post by EGLF24 »

If my memory serves me correctly, if you are parking at Queens Parade (aka the Polo Fields), the bus will take you to gate A.

wv383

Post by wv383 »

If you park in Eelmoor car park, the shuttle bus takes you to Gate F. However, I am not sure if that is open on the Friday. From memory it is only used on the Public Days (Saturday and Sunday). If it doesn't take you to that gate it will take you to the main bus station on the site which is on the far right of the diagram on the following link. This is the show site map for this year. In fact, looking at that site plan, it clearly states that the Shuttle Buses from Eelmoor only operate at the weekend. Generally up to and including the Friday, despite my coming from Fleet, I only use Eelmoor car park on the Saturday and Sunday. All the rest of the week, I use Queens Parade car park and either take the Shuttle Bus from there or walk.

http://media.farnborough.com/images/stories/FIA2012/pdf/trade/Exhibitors/FIA2012-Main-Exhibition-Complex.pdf
Simon