boff180
UKAR Staff

Re: 2014 participants

Post by boff180 »

Bugatti 100P replica :biggrin:

FarnboroJohn

Post by FarnboroJohn »

Don't think I'll bother.... oh no, I get no choice....

(Farnborough) John

Concorde216

Post by Concorde216 »

I hope Airbus will bring A350 MSN2 in its Carbon Firbre scheme, it also has the full cabin fit, would be great to see that on display.

Will do a trade day vsist again this year as the exhibition halls and majority of the trade show aircraft will be there unlike the public days.

Offbreed

Post by Offbreed »

Concorde216 wrote:I hope Airbus will bring A350 MSN2 in its Carbon Firbre scheme, it also has the full cabin fit, would be great to see that on display.

Will do a trade day vsist again this year as the exhibition halls and majority of the trade show aircraft will be there unlike the public days.

I hope so too, saw a video of it on YouTube, and it really looked good.

http://youtu.be/DzkPZr-R0j4

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

Boeing 787-9
Boeing F/A-18 Super Hornet :yahoo: please be carrying conformal tanks, stealth weapon pod and be flying

Source: FAG.

tommercer
UKAR Supporter

Post by tommercer »

That's a nice addition :smile:

st24

Post by st24 »

boff180 wrote:Boeing 787-9
Boeing F/A-18 Super Hornet :yahoo: please be carrying conformal tanks, stealth weapon pod and be flying

Source: FAG.

Please be a pretty coloured CAG bird...
You caaan't trust the system... Maaan!

lancey2k32

Post by lancey2k32 »

Just looks like someone is replying to the 'This is what we could get comment' rather that it being actually confirmed. I may be wrong.

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

The poster is the one who has been providing the advanced participants on that site for a few months now.

Orion

Post by Orion »

I haven't been for 20 years; do the Hampshire police still occupy the space between the runway and the spectators enclosure?

Regards

strangelookingalien

Post by strangelookingalien »

Orion wrote:I haven't been for 20 years; do the Hampshire police still occupy the space between the runway and the spectators enclosure?

Regards

Sorry I can't answer your question but... just prepare yourself... FIA 2014 will not be like FIA 1994... if it was, I would be going for a week... :sad:

APG

Post by APG »

Orion wrote:I haven't been for 20 years; do the Hampshire police still occupy the space between the runway and the spectators enclosure?

Regards

Private security company now stand the fence line, depends on how helpful the individual is, for ducking down at the right moment

Pen Pusher

Post by Pen Pusher »

Or running their 4x4's up and down the grass usually when something is taking off or landing.

brian
The Future Of Photography Is Mirrorless

DfG on Facebook
BAMPhotography on Facebook

effects

Post by effects »

APG wrote:

Regards

Private security company now stand the fence line, depends on how helpful the individual is, for ducking down at the right moment

4 years ago I was working down by the grandstand mon-sat, hoping for same position this year.
Nikon P900 (Sony DSC-HX400V, Sony DSC-HX300 and DSC-H2 retired)

tommercer
UKAR Supporter

Post by tommercer »

APG wrote:

Regards

This complaint was taken on board and is being addressed for this year

lynothehammer

Post by lynothehammer »

tommercer wrote:
APG wrote:

Regards

But it was also stressed that the company were briefed before hand in 2012 and they still ignored it.

Don't expect too much change to be honest and i'm certainly not blaming FIA for it either as really it seems it's out of their control.

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

Gulfstream G280 and G650 on static trade days only.

Source:- FIRST Magazine iPad edition Breaking News

effects

Post by effects »

lynothehammer wrote:
tommercer wrote:
APG wrote:

Regards

But it was also stressed that the company were briefed before hand in 2012 and they still ignored it.

Don't expect too much change to be honest and i'm certainly not blaming FIA for it either as really it seems it's out of their control.

I am curious to know how you guys would provide security without being on the 'wrong' side of the crowdline?
Nikon P900 (Sony DSC-HX400V, Sony DSC-HX300 and DSC-H2 retired)

tommercer
UKAR Supporter

Post by tommercer »

The security being there wasn't the issue, standing up right in front of cameras was

Rampvan

Post by Rampvan »

tommercer wrote:The security being there wasn't the issue, standing up right in front of cameras was

I too was doing fence security down by the grandstand 4 years ago and we built up quite a rapour with the punters in our section.... however, as everybody has cameras where do you suggest we stand so as not to be in front of one of them? the simple logistics of being between the crowd line and runway means that we are always going to be in somebodys way unfortunatly

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

The simple answer is to be aware of when there is about to be a movement on the runway, either taking off or landing, at this point sit down rather than continue standing up. Security isn't in the way for flying, it purely is runway movements. Which lets be honest, is one of the few points in a display that you can get good shots of at FIA.

The vast majority of airshows seem to be able to operate that procedure without a problem, it only seems to be Farnborough that it seems the security can't do it.

Andy

Rampvan

Post by Rampvan »

And the most probable time there is likely to be an incursion from the crowd to airside is exactly at that point.... hiding behind a barrier with no view of a possible demonstrator jumping said fence is a bit pointless tbh :whistle:

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

Who said you'd be hiding at the barrier, at all other shows the security/Marshall's drop to the floor at their patrol/standing point away from the crowd. That's usually sufficient and still affords a clear view of the crowd.

Rampvan

Post by Rampvan »

tommercer wrote:The security being there wasn't the issue, standing up right in front of cameras was

He did...lol

boff180
UKAR Staff

Post by boff180 »

Just been told on twitter the Trade Day participation list will not officially be released until June.